thumbnail.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,814
  • thumbnail2.jpg
    thumbnail2.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,814

Golgfag1

Re: Random oldhammery sculpts- draco minimus p4

Nice work Fimm,

Having four of the originals which I've chopped and adapted just to get some sort of variation I can appreciate the effort your going to with this 8-) , will there be any chance of obtaining a copy? :grin:

In hope

Paul/Golgfag1

Impressive sculpting skills! That Dragon Ogre looks great! :mrgreen:

Is there a special reason that you use the grey putty for some parts and greenstuff for other parts? I presume that they have different properties?

Fimm McCool

Golgfag1":3vdi5eoz said:
will there be any chance of obtaining a copy? :grin:

In hope

It's a private commission, but I expect there will be a few casts made as I know it is going into a mould.

LilBroGrendel":3vdi5eoz said:
Is there a special reason that you use the grey putty for some parts and greenstuff for other parts? I presume that they have different properties?

I like ProCreate (the grey putty) for a number of reasons. It doesn't have the same 'memory' that GS does so when you press details in they don't press out again as it cures. The grey is also much easier on the eyes when sculpting, easier to photograph and the putty sets faster and harder than GS. The main problem with it is that it doesn't stick well to already-cured putty so I have been mixing it 60/40 with GS for better blending/adhesion but thought I'd try it neat again as I'm trying to do more in a single sitting. I've used GS for the chainmail precisely because of its greater plasticity, it's easier to pull into hoops than ProCreate.

Fimm McCool":ttno5y7v said:
I like ProCreate (the grey putty) for a number of reasons. It doesn't have the same 'memory' that GS does so when you press details in they don't press out again as it cures. The grey is also much easier on the eyes when sculpting, easier to photograph and the putty sets faster and harder than GS. The main problem with it is that it doesn't stick well to already-cured putty so I have been mixing it 60/40 with GS for better blending/adhesion but thought I'd try it neat again as I'm trying to do more in a single sitting. I've used GS for the chainmail precisely because of its greater plasticity, it's easier to pull into hoops than ProCreate.

Thank you for the description. I might give ProCreate a try too :)

Fimm McCool

LilBroGrendel":38vji41q said:
Thank you for the description. I might give ProCreate a try too :)

You should, it's awesome. I really should contact them again about stocking it.

Fimm McCool

New head for the champion and a sisterhood novice/priestess type with sacrificial dagger. These gals are going to be shifting any time now. :)

Jonas

Re: Random oldhammery sculpts- Amazons p5

I love the Amazon Champion! The other Amazon seem too "nice girl" in comparison.

Fimm McCool

Well, she is a novice. Give her a different head to make her more badass! Separate heads and right hands for customisability.

twisted moon

loving those amazons; will they come with lost/arcane high-tech. weapon options?

Jonas

Fimm McCool":3fyxtpd5 said:
Well, she is a novice. Give her a different head to make her more badass! Separate heads and right hands for customisability.

Yeah, it wasn't a critique as such. Just making my personal preference known.

I could hope for a unit of"bad ass" amazons..... (and laspistols too of course).

Fimm McCool

Commissar for the small but expanding range from M&M castings

Boltgun is a placeholder to be replaced by one of their own weapon designs.

Dooz

Re: Random oldhammery sculpts- Commissar p6

M&m castings? Google gave me no useful results

Fimm McCool

Sorry, should be M.A.M Castings. Models and Minis Casting... But those terms in a search engine pull up millions of other results as you'd expect!

Fimm McCool

Naturally this one won't be a release from Oakbound (or any other manufacturer) but I've always fancied having a go at Mark Gibbons' amazing Nagash painting.

Attachments

• naggy2.jpg
    naggy2.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 847

Fimm McCool

Re: Random oldhammery sculpts- Nagash p6

Progress on the big, bony one.

33942265_10156177757207279_8727782928869752832_n.jpg

Back