Random oldhammery sculpts- festive folktypes page 12


Show us what you are working on at the moment

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar

Posts: 2974

Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:57 pm

Location: Bristol, UK

Post Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:39 pm

Re: Random oldhammery sculpts- draco minimus p4

thumbnail.jpg
thumbnail.jpg (53.31 KiB) Viewed 780 times

thumbnail2.jpg
thumbnail2.jpg (56.31 KiB) Viewed 780 times


Work continues.
User avatar

Moderator

Posts: 1949

Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:37 am

Location: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire

Post Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:39 pm

Re: Random oldhammery sculpts- draco minimus p4

Nice work Fimm,

Having four of the originals which I've chopped and adapted just to get some sort of variation I can appreciate the effort your going to with this 8-) , will there be any chance of obtaining a copy? :D

In hope

Paul/Golgfag1
How can I ever have enough stuff, I don't need.

https://golgfags.blogspot.co.uk/
User avatar

Posts: 301

Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:33 pm

Location: Denmark

Post Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:58 pm

Re: Random oldhammery sculpts- draco minimus p4

Impressive sculpting skills! That Dragon Ogre looks great! :mrgreen:

Is there a special reason that you use the grey putty for some parts and greenstuff for other parts? I presume that they have different properties?
User avatar

Posts: 2974

Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:57 pm

Location: Bristol, UK

Post Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:01 am

Re: Random oldhammery sculpts- draco minimus p4

Golgfag1 wrote:will there be any chance of obtaining a copy? :D

In hope


It's a private commission, but I expect there will be a few casts made as I know it is going into a mould.

LilBroGrendel wrote:Is there a special reason that you use the grey putty for some parts and greenstuff for other parts? I presume that they have different properties?


I like ProCreate (the grey putty) for a number of reasons. It doesn't have the same 'memory' that GS does so when you press details in they don't press out again as it cures. The grey is also much easier on the eyes when sculpting, easier to photograph and the putty sets faster and harder than GS. The main problem with it is that it doesn't stick well to already-cured putty so I have been mixing it 60/40 with GS for better blending/adhesion but thought I'd try it neat again as I'm trying to do more in a single sitting. I've used GS for the chainmail precisely because of its greater plasticity, it's easier to pull into hoops than ProCreate.
User avatar

Posts: 301

Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:33 pm

Location: Denmark

Post Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:29 pm

Re: Random oldhammery sculpts- draco minimus p4

Fimm McCool wrote:I like ProCreate (the grey putty) for a number of reasons. It doesn't have the same 'memory' that GS does so when you press details in they don't press out again as it cures. The grey is also much easier on the eyes when sculpting, easier to photograph and the putty sets faster and harder than GS. The main problem with it is that it doesn't stick well to already-cured putty so I have been mixing it 60/40 with GS for better blending/adhesion but thought I'd try it neat again as I'm trying to do more in a single sitting. I've used GS for the chainmail precisely because of its greater plasticity, it's easier to pull into hoops than ProCreate.


Thank you for the description. I might give ProCreate a try too :)
User avatar

Posts: 2974

Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:57 pm

Location: Bristol, UK

Post Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:38 pm

Re: Random oldhammery sculpts- draco minimus p4

LilBroGrendel wrote:Thank you for the description. I might give ProCreate a try too :)


You should, it's awesome. I really should contact them again about stocking it.
User avatar

Posts: 2974

Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:57 pm

Location: Bristol, UK

Post Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:37 pm

Re: Random oldhammery sculpts- draco minimus p4



New head for the champion and a sisterhood novice/priestess type with sacrificial dagger. These gals are going to be shifting any time now. :)
User avatar

Posts: 738

Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:11 pm

Location: Denmark

Post Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:55 pm

Re: Random oldhammery sculpts- Amazons p5

I love the Amazon Champion! The other Amazon seem too "nice girl" in comparison.
User avatar

Posts: 2974

Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:57 pm

Location: Bristol, UK

Post Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Random oldhammery sculpts- Amazons p5

Well, she is a novice. Give her a different head to make her more badass! Separate heads and right hands for customisability.

Posts: 198

Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:14 pm

Post Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:22 pm

Re: Random oldhammery sculpts- Amazons p5

loving those amazons; will they come with lost/arcane high-tech. weapon options?
the dark knight of the twisted moon

Image Image
PreviousNext

Return to WIP

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.