Crimson Fists - Rogue Trader Space Marines

Show us what you are working on at the moment

Moderator: Moderators

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: Crimson Fists - Rogue Trader

Good choice, this is one of my all-time-favorite librarian models! :-)

Post Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:15 am

WOW, those terminators look fantastic! Great work all round, can't wait to see the force expand further.

Post Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:51 pm

Not sure I have seen those old terminators in crimson fists colours before. They look great.

Post Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:19 am

Firstly, thank you for your comments and chat :)

Secondly, the librarian is almost done. As usual, just a few touch ups and a matt varnish to do.

Post Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:35 pm

Not so sure about the Librarian above, the sword, I know what I want it to look like, smelting metal but it looks, eh. :? I'll come back to it at some point.

So, a tech marine is needed to fix up the old relic Land Raider and sooth its machine spirit. I really love this model, its got life to it, reality of the trade. The RT techie only has a standard backpack though. Oddly enough when I got a few odds and ends bits off ebay this servo arm was amongst them. It was meant to be, Mars has spoken. So a little modification away from the standard template construct plan and so far... (Does look just a little bit too large for the backpack but I cant waste a good servo arm.)

Shite, I've just realised, there is no reference to his chapter :o . Hmm... Have to work something out on that one.

Post Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:42 am

Lovely conversion for the techmarine. Works very nicely :D

Post Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:38 pm

Everything in this thread is absolutely gorgeous, from the beginning to the end.

Post Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:33 am

Not had much time of late, just tinkering here and there. The arms were too weak for practical play/use of the chaplain so I had to pin them properly and while I was at it, I magnatised a banner for him as the original one is missing. (Also a pain in the arse to transport glued in and tall as it was.) I also gave him a Crimson Fists red fist as is proper and right.

I've also been playing with a basing idea I saw on youtube As with all things it never worked as easy as shown but I finally got it how I like it. I have already been using it, but the trouble is if you put the over paint on too thick for intensity and colour it obviously obscures the zenithal highlighting which is not wanted. Too light and it looks dull with the undercoat coming through too stark. The photos don't do it justice but in the flesh its got a real 3d depth to it that moves as you move/look around the model. Proper happy.

Tech marines done. I decided not to mess about with trying to get some of the chapter blue and icon on him. Back pack turned out alright although the arm IS a little oversized. I'm pleased the random servo arm didn't get wasted in the odds and sods box though.

I've also got some transfers and microsol and started those on the models already done. Pics for another day.

Post Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:32 pm

Tarantula painted and done. Always loved these from the Space Crusade set. Probably never use it in game buuuuuut...

I saw this idea on a tank for sale on ebay. A little magnet stuck inside and boom, Razor back if I need one.

Weapon options to make a Land Raider Prometheus. Quad heavy bolter per side to deal with them hordes and meat shields!

Looking at the tanks now, I wish I had been a bit braver with the highlighting instead of a simple low contrast zenithal overlight.The blue looks a bit, I don't flat? Hmmm...

Post Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:36 am

Really liking that Beaky Librarian, very nicely painted.
PreviousNext

Return to WIP