Backwater Jail

symphonicpoet

Here's a little foam experiment I'm working on . . .

IMG_3413.JPG

IMG_3414.JPG

It shows up briefly in the tail end of a post, but I haven't talked about it extensively yet. I'm pleased with the way the brick patches show through the paster where I left them exposed. (Just scribed some very small patches of brick on those walls.) More on this one later. It's part of a larger "ork settlement" project that really looks more like a mining camp. Who said orks can't take over abandoned mining camps?

symphonicpoet

Well, I just made a bit of a booboo on that one. Will change the look of the miniature somewhat . . .

Instead of grabbing the plastic friendly can I grabbed the ordinary primer . . . which ate into the foam somewhat. The stonework will look rather more weathered. :mrgreen: Oops. :oops:

symphonicpoet

The jail is (mostly) done and I do hope it does look interesting.

I won't repeat the entire post, as it's over on the Showroom in the 28 mm frontier building thread, but here's the abbreviated version . . .

IMG_3423-1.jpg

IMG_3426-1.jpg

IMG_3427-1.jpg

Dooz

Great result, that looks really good. rough and gritty. I'm thinking Logan's World from the RT book, those few pages really set the mood.

Asslessman

I'm relaly liking these, apparently the foam has been eaten (thanks to the spray prime I suppose) but it gives a good result actually instead of the clean and neat result you get with nicebricks so I say it's good. The Jes Goodwin inspired poster is great and a little graffiti here and there are always most welcomed. Splendid job really.

symphonicpoet

^Dooz,

Thank you very much.

^Asslessman,

Indeed, the primer ate into the foam terribly, but I love the result. I may repeat it intentionally one of these days. Gotta love a happy accident. Some neatblock will make a nice contrast, though. Plenty of room for blocks.

The graffiti is also an RT reference, actually. It's supposed to be in the picture where the two marines have the punk against the wall. I couldn't make it out. I assumed there was another letter behind the punks hand and parsed it as "Marines _ol." Carl figures it was supposed to be no more complicated than "Marines out." So I changed the L to an incomplete U, deleted the V and added a small black handprintish smear. Looks much better now. The final result is over in the showroom.

The Jes Goodwin poster could still use a little touching up, but I'm content with it. The reference is clear enough, I think. You got it.

Thank you.

Back