Steefan Horking and his Cybork Boyz (WIP)

Orjetax

Orjetax":30y2l8yq said:
Thank you both.

More to come!

. . . Evidently I meant in nine months are so.

But look, a small update!

Two more painboyz with stainless steel skulls.

And here they are with the previous three.

My goal is 30. Some day . . .

Attachments

• IMG_4238.JPG
    IMG_4238.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 2,411
  • IMG_4239.JPG
    IMG_4239.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 2,411

Orjetax

I
84c72a10c4830be39fb8ef1fb925284f.jpg

e00c75ca4140cbfe470049a71107b124.jpg

Wow, over three years since I updated this thread.

And to think, I used to have the energy to do silly short-short narratives to accompany the updates.

Poor neglected Steefan Horking and his boyz.

But - a small update today after years of painting other stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orjetax

Sleepysod":3srqpotq said:
Love the detail on the back of the smaller guy - never realised that his gun was (presumably) a flamer

Thanks. I agree with your presumption and that’s what I’ll use him as.

The bionik boy on the left is large for a rogue trader era ork but I’ll tell you what the one on the right is really tiny.

symphonicpoet

^The flamer fellow is, I believe, quite a bit older. He was in production for quite a long time, but I think he was sculpted way back at the beginning of Rogue Trader when orks were generally smaller. (Most of those early raiders look a little small even next to plastic box set orks. But they're just filled with so much awesome!) The fellow with the bionic legs would be more early 90s red era. And he was probably supposed to be big,even by early 90s standards. That said, I think the size discrepencies work a little better in an ork army than most. Lord knows my own collection has close proxies of both of those. And orks both larger and sma . . . well, maybe not smaller. But a fair few about that same size.

Orjetax

symphonicpoet":uvexoqw9 said:
. . . also, those look great! :)

Thank you, and yes - you have nailed that the bionik boyz are early 90s. The tab says 91.

Pound for pound, can’t get much more fun than metal RT orks

Orjetax

e45f07e98b32eb4ded10f76ed0894d2e.jpg

f537ab7fec142b37c83a8e8af56d6e3a.jpg

2e59fe18afb65059ceb7292598b96a35.jpg

These orks have been a major beneficiary of my abiding by my area’s stay at home order.

That our collective efforts to improve public health of course

Here are the latest.

Orjetax

Also had occasion to photograph some of these newly painted models with older ones on this thread:

23d179fceb745565a6903e26f9d07c3a.jpg

1ce82edf54afb51749a898874a4606cc.jpg

I still plan to get to the full 30 painted stainless steel skull painboys I had in mind, but I’m a fifth of the way there after more than three years, so ...

Humby50

They look really great, the 80s and early 90s orks ooze character compared to the new stuff.

These are really great inspiration as I'm about to embark on my own ork army!

Orjetax

Humby50":27t6p3mi said:
They look really great, the 80s and early 90s orks ooze character compared to the new stuff.

These are really great inspiration as I'm about to embark on my own ork army!

Thank you! I agree - it was basically all downhill for ork model after second!

I’m glad it was good inspiration. Good luck on the project. Are you going to blog it here as you go?

Humby50

That's the plan! I'm doing them in tandem with my 2ed Blood Angel army. Just started on the first Ork yesterday, wish me luck!

Orjetax

Humby50":311o2k6h said:
That's the plan! I'm doing them in tandem with my 2ed Blood Angel army. Just started on the first Ork yesterday, wish me luck!

Oh yes!

I commented on your thread.

Just hadn’t associated your user name with it.

Great endeavor, I’m sure you’ll have fun.

symphonicpoet

Fabulous and green! Some very classic orks you have going on there orjetax. I'm glad to see the quarantine is going well for someone, at least. :)

Orjetax

symphonicpoet":14x0lrwt said:
Fabulous and green! Some very classic orks you have going l won there orjetax. I'm glad to see the quarantine is going well for someone, at least. :)

Thanks. I changed up the ork skin recipe completely since starting the project years ago. Much brighter now. And I think better! It seems to fit well enough with my earlier efforts too.

Back