twisted moon's 2019

twisted moon

these proved to be a struggle; the wings worked loose as i was painting the eagle the first time around, and whilst i was fixing them the paint began to wear off in various parts due to handling. still, i'm pleased with the result now.

this is a combination of a giant eagle and an elven mage originally intended to ride a plastic horse. both kits were picked up at durham wargames show earlier this year,
wfb3 suggests a 40 x 40 mm base, but that didn't look as though it was going to be stable enough so i've gone with 40 x 60 mm instead.

Attachments

• Sidhe Eagle-rider1.JPG
    Sidhe Eagle-rider1.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 1,431
  • Sidhe Eagle-rider2.JPG
    Sidhe Eagle-rider2.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 1,431
  • Sidhe Eagle-rider3.JPG
    Sidhe Eagle-rider3.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,431

twisted moon

deadcember is upon us; here are the reanimated skeletal remains of a giant on a square 40mm base.

the figure is from grim reaper's nasteez range, and i've had it for twenty-five years or so.

Attachments

• Giant Skeleton.JPG
    Giant Skeleton.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,374
trying to get the wings to stay on without knowing about pinning was one of my childhood's traumatising experiences :grin: great work!

twisted moon

thanks mr. chips.
here's another contribution for deadcember:

i picked this up at durham wargames show this year for £10. it didn't have the pile of skull ammunition, so i made my own mixed pile of skulls and rocks.
i painted the bones of the catapult in various shades of off-white, but you can't tell on the finished article, let alone in the photo., so i'll try to remember not to bother with future projects.

Attachments

• Skullchucker.JPG
    Skullchucker.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 1,297

twisted moon

continuing on the deadcember theme, here's a vampire and four necromancers.

from left to right they are siobhana vampire queen from reaper dark heaven legends, a citadel chaos mage, a citadel wizard, another citadel chaos mage, and lathara the sorceress, also from reaper dark heaven legends, the three citadel sculpts are all from 1985 if their tabs are to be believed; i've certainly had them for a long time.

Attachments

• Necromancers.JPG
    Necromancers.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 1,219

twisted moon

so 2019 is well and truely over. i managed to complete a total of 163 figures, two 1' x 1' terrain tiles and two other pieces of terrain to be incorporated into tiles, compared to 167 figures and a 1' x 2' terrain tile the year before. pretty comparable but slightly up, i'd say.

Back