Turn 1

Dreamfish

Administrator
Players,

The deployment is finished and what a deployment it is. It's going to be a complicated battle and I'm figuring it won't take long before the conflict begins.

TableTurn1Start.jpg

BCDeploymentZones.jpg

Study the deployment of you opponent, and prepare your plans, because TURN 1 is about to commence. An updated game file can be found here at https://www.dropbox.com/s/d2s9xw18j0oktsn/2012WFB3Chai.xml

The Chariot controlled by the GM starts the game by moving 8" forward towards the baggage area. It's now standing at the base of the hill.

Dwarfs start with the movement phase. Airborngrove, this means you can start issuing your orders. Orders are issued by whatever means necessary to communicate your intentions. Usually, a textual description will suffice. You may also use BC or other graphical tools, if you think it's easier. Only issue movement orders. I recommend to read page 4 t/m 11 of the rule reference. It contains everything you need to know about movement.

Email or PM the orders directly to me. Dice rolls should be made in the dicelog there were necessary. I'll process your orders and give feedback when needed.

Once the movement orders of Airborngrove are processed, I'll publish them in this thread and Thantsants will begin his movement phase.

Right, it's official, the game has begun... I wish the both of you the best of luck and may the dice gods be with you!

Dreamfish

Administrator
Movement Phase

We had some trouble with animosity and its definition. Eventually, we used a different approach to animosity as in the previous battle. Affected units move after unaffected units, unless they charge. When possible they shoot in the shooting phase and both units lose their reserves move in the ensuing conflict. Some of the shooting results are already rolled up in the dicelog. Some of these results will be used in the shooting phase.

Below some key events:

• Chariot rides through the valley
    Giant marches through the river
    Gyrocopter takes off
    Orc army struggles with animosity

The updated game file can be found here at https://www.dropbox.com/s/d2s9xw18j0oktsn/2012WFB3Chai.xml.

@Gaj, I'll leave it up to you to add comments to the In-game pictures. Just update the pictures in our shared folder.

@Airborngrove, can start his shooting phase.

Actions

GM:

WL Moved forward 8"
GF Wheeled left 3.5", suffers animosity against RGH
RLR Wheeled right 4", suffers animosity against RGH
CGC Moved forward 3.5", suffers animosity against K3C
SBB Moved forward 3.5", turned right, suffers animosity against K3C

Airbornegrove:

I Moved forward 3"
F Moved forward 3"
S Moved forward 3"
MF Moved forward 3"
MO Moved forward 3" on difficult ground
TT Flyed attack level, accl. 8"
KBP1Wheeled right 4"

Thantsants:

WoP Turned left, moved forward 2.5" on difficult ground
SOC Wheeled left 4"
MB Moved 2" towards KBP1
SQC Wheeled left 4"
RGH Moved forward 6"
W Moved forward 5"
K3C Moved forward 3.5"
KYP Moved forward 3.5"

TableTurn1Movement.jpg

BCTurn1Movement.jpg

GameTurn1Movement.jpg

Dreamfish

Administrator
No problem, you did good. You needed some practice, that's all. At least the dice gods seem favour you. I'm feeling sorry for the SOC unit.

I am liking the look of those saves. :twisted: I'm going to have to put an earthquaker in all my armies now. :grin:

I am quite worried about those witch-elves though. I'm hoping they forgot their scaling gear in the ship.

Dreamfish

Administrator
OMG, I just seen the results. My condolences to the DE unit. They always go after the best painted unit first. You've got to admit, Seaman Sprayes is a determined fellow, he's the only one left standing! Imagine what would have happened with the official ST rules.

Just to make sure, we're all agree with what happened, right? Rule wise I mean.

Thantsants

Well I'm not sure how that happened - I mean a whole unit... just like that. Must be some mistake...

I mean its just not cricket is it ;) :lol:

Seriously though, its fine. Not like I needed those pointy eared gits anyway :mrgreen:

Makes a pathetic wimpering noise... :cry:

Dreamfish

Administrator
Shooting Phase

Key events:

• First blood by Dwarfs
    SOC unit gets annihilated except for Seaman Sprayes
    Orcs shoot each other because of animosity

The updated game file can be found here at https://www.dropbox.com/s/d2s9xw18j0okt ... B3Chai.xml.

Actions

Airbornegrove:

KBP1 Shot @ SOC, killed 3
KBP2 Shot @ SOC, killed 1
BT Shot @ SOC, killed 2
E Shot @ SOC, killed 9
A1C Shot @ RGH, killed 1
C Shot @ RLR, killed 3

Thantsants:

RLR Shot @ RGH, killed 0
CGC Shot @ K3C, killed 0
SC Shot @ TT, killed 0

TableTurn1Shooting.jpg

BCTurn1Shooting.jpg

GameTurn1Shooting.jpg

Just checking did all the reserve moments get annotated. It didn't seem like the had been moved in the image.

I would say that was a rousing good turn. It would have been quite funny if the gyrocopter had been taken out.

The game may have turned in to "gyrocopter down!"

I think I can count my fortunes now, before the zulus....I mean Orcs descend from the heights. :shock:

Dreamfish

Administrator
That was the summary of the "Shooting Phase", "Reserves Phase" summary is yet to be processed.

You definitely won the turn, but your opponent's actions in the last two phases will put you to the test in turn 2. You'll see what I mean, when I post the summaries....

Thantsants

Sorry to keep you - a combination of sleep and Remembrance Sunday parades (I'm a bugler in a Scout marching band and play the Last Post each year) has kept me otherwise engaged this weekend!

Hope I don't end up playing the Last Post for my hapless army... :lol:

Thantsants,

No worries man. We got Veterans day going on here too. Being a veteran I appreciate you taking the time to do that on Veterans/Remembrance day.

As for the last remark, I'm going to try.... :lol:

I am really thinking about making all my 3E armies just large war engine batteries now. 1500pts of bolt/stone throwers. :grin:

Thantsants

Cheers - its great to have the opportunity to do it. There are still one or two of the veterans from the Free French Bomber aquadron that flew from Elvington (just outside York) who make it over from France.

I can see the attraction - mind you next time you might not have a nice river between you and the enemy :lol:

Oh for a Wyvern... :twisted:

Dreamfish

Administrator
Reserves Phase

Actions

Airbornegrove:

I Moved forward 3"
F Moved forward 3"
S Moved forward 3"
MF Moved forward 3"

Thantsants:

SOC Moved foward 2"