The Armies

Dreamfish

Administrator
Alright everbody, we're wrapping things up and we're almost ready. Before publishing the army lists I need Thantsants to generate his spells. You need to generate the spells with the Dicelog, which I've setup at http://dicelog.com/dice. Go and register and PM your registered email address. I'll add you to the Dicelog and then you're able to login.

Once logged in, Thantsants can start generating the spells for the Goblin Level 15 Wizard. A level 15 wizard generates 6 spells from level 1 and 3 spells from level 2. A goblin wizard may have up to one Elemental, one Necromatic, one Illusionist and up to two Daemonic spells from each of the levels available.

When the spells are generated, I'll include them in the army lists. Good luck!

Thantsants

Ok - registered and validated the email address I sent you.

Off now to remind myself of what spells are potentially on offer... :twisted:

Thantsants

Got it - let me check a few things before I take the plunge and mess it up!

Just read through the rulebook and it seems to say that as a Lv15 wizard I get just 3 Lv1 spells and 3Lv2 spells?

Also when generating spells do I declare which level and type of spell by postig a message like -

I'm going for a Lv1 battle magic spell

Presumably if there's 15 options for Lv1 Battle magic spelss I then roll a D30 and halve the result to see which spell I get. Similarly for 5 options - halve the result from a D10?

Then repeat the process for each - rerolling any duplicate rolls?

Sorry if these are really dozy questions but I don't want to make a mess of the dice log! :lol:

Dreamfish

Administrator
A level 15 wizard generates 6 spells from level 1 and 3 spells from level 2. A goblin wizard may have up to one Elemental, one Necromatic, one Illusionist and up to two Daemonic spells from each of the levels available.
The above is from "Warhammer Armies - Spell Generation - p. 9".

Declare the lore, level and the number of spells. Let's say you want 5 Level 1 Battle Magic, 1 Level 1 Elemental, 2 level 2 Daemonic and 1 level 2 Illusionist spell.

Roll 1:
"Generating 5 level 1 Battle Magic spells"
Roll 5 x 1D100
Re'roll any duplicates

Roll 2:
"Generating 1 level 1 Elemental spell"
Roll 1 x 1D100.
Re'roll any duplicates

Roll 3:
"Generating 2 level 2 Daemonic spells"
Roll 2 x 1D100.
Re'roll any duplicates

Roll 4:
"Generating 1 level 2 Illusionist spells"
Roll 1 x 1D100.
Re'roll any duplicates

This example shows a total of 6 level 1 spells and 3 level 2 spells. I hope this clears things up.

One more thing, the dicelog allows you to roll the same combination of dice multiple times. You specify the type of dice under "Dice to roll". The dice to roll can be "1D6", "4D10", "1D100" or any other combinations and you can roll that combination x number of times under "Roll dice how many times". Try it out and you'll see what I mean. You can practice here at http://dicelog.com/dice.

Dreamfish

Administrator
Good, this is what you've generated:

B1.1 Aura of Resistance
B1.6 Fire Ball
B1.7 Flight
B1.10 Immunity from Poison
B1.14 Strength of Combat
B2.4 Cause Panic
B2.7 Mystic Mist
E2.5 Move Object
N1.3 Summon Undead Champion

Please validate the above. None of the above should cause any problems, miniature wise. I suggest you study them well, we're expecting a lot from magic this time...

Thantsants

Yup that's what I came up with too.

Should be some interesting tactical possibilities with this lot - depending on the scenario - still there were a few spells I was really hoping for that didn't turn up in the rolls. Such is the nature of random generation! :lol:

Just a little query about the raise undead champion spell - I was quite chuffed with it until I saw read that the champion must move towards and take control of the undead unit nominated by the player. I'm assuming that without any skellies to command you wouldn't be able to summon him?

Dreamfish

Administrator
Yes, I see your point and I think you're right, especially if you read the N2.5 spell. Champions in general always need to be associated with a unit. Only hero's can act on their own.

I think it's fair if we exchange it with the N1.4 spell. It's almost identical except that it raises D6 skeletons instead of a champion. What do you say?

Although you wouldn't say so immediately E2.5 will actually be quite handy in this scenario, you'll see.

Thantsants

That sounds eminently reasonable - although I was getting used to the idea of a fairly bookish, but practically useless Goblin wizard what with some of the spells that he had drawn - E.25 being one of them! :lol:

I'm intrigued now as to how it'll come in handy...

Dreamfish

Administrator
Well, I'm just making sure that wizard is packed with sufficient usefull magic, we're hoping this game will show us the true power of WFB3 magic. The previous two games we played failed miserably at it.

I'll update the spell list and make note of it in the dicelog. Now I'm off to paint some skeletons ;)

Dreamfish

Administrator
The army lists and photos are finished. I'll send each player a private list of his own army and a public list of his opponent. The public list hides magic items of any kind and hidden units. Hidden units and/or magic items will be declared when encountered in the game.

Furthermore, the lists shows a summary of all rules applicable to the army. Use them together with the WFB3 Reference as a reminder of all the rules involved. We'll also be using these House Rules.

Gaj will publish both public lists on his blog. Do not use the public list of your own army, it hides information that the private list does not.

The photos show you which miniatures belong to which units. Study your list well and PM me if you got any questions.

Back