Epilogue

weazil

Well, boys and girls (well, boys), the thing is complete. Here is the epilogue, bringing the events at the River Chai to some closure:

http://warhammerforadults.blogspot.co.u ... ai_30.html

I believe, Mr Dreamfish, that this will clear the way for you to complete and publish the report. It is late and I'm tired, so please let me know if there are any proof reading mistakes.

Thanks!

Dreamfish

Administrator
Dear Garth,

That's an epilogue alright. Great to read about Ellen coming back into the story. Can I now assume we have a Chaos Dwarf at our disposal?

Maybe I'm overexaturating things a bit, but while reading the epilogue I realised that your stories are becoming a great asset to oldhammer. I think if we continue doing this it can become the fluff of oldhammer?

The more of these stories intertwine the better. Maybe we should put some effort in creating the stats for the role characters of all three battle reports and put them up on the forum for people to play with. I already put up the scenario of River Chai under the "Missions & Scenarios" forum. I'll soon post the other battle report scenarios as well.

Having finished this one we finally can start another one :shock: No, just kidding, you probably need a days rest :grin:

weazil":takderma said:
Well, boys and girls (well, boys), the thing is complete.
I don't want to be a thorn in your side, but arn't you forgetting the Post Mortem?

weazil

Hey D

Thanks!

Yeah - it looks like I'm slowly forming a Slaanesh warband here. It's not what I had in mind when I started, but the parallels between a gay dwarf into S&M and useful applications of those interests in homage to Slaanesh seemed too obvious to ignore.

I like your idea of creating the stats. etc of the characters and I thought your posting of Chai on the scenarios board was a good idea. You're right that these are all useful scenarios that others can play - some are fairly low entry too (like Wyemm Seeyay).

I think it has been suggested before that we should consider making a scenario 'pack' (similar to Orc's Drift or Lichemaster) - perhaps we can link other smaller scenarios to the ones we've produced already. One thing I think I will do (as much for my convenience as the readers) would be to list all the characters, their status (dead or alive, really) and the battles they've been involved in. I found myself constantly wandering all over the blog trying to remember what happened and to whom.

As for the post mortem, I suppose that is more for the players than me. I seem to recall that they may have already mailed their thoughts through? I'll need to check my mail when I get home. If not, I'll poke them again. From my perspective, I think the major learning I can take from the thing is don't take a year to finish a report!

Dreamfish

Administrator
Exactly, and what a Slaneesh warband it will become.

I'm not sure if you want to use "dead" as a character status, I think "retired" is more appropriate and less final. Maybe even leave it out all together? Thinking about the characters, maybe we should exchange some ideas to see what kind of information we should include in their profiles.

Just to get started:

1. Character name
2. Character description
3. Character picture
4. Character stats
5. Equipment & mount
6. Chaos rewards
7. Alignment status
8. Active status?
9. Career log (each log entry containing the battle and short description of events)
10. Retinue
11. Friends & enemies?

About the post mortem. There's a "Post Mortem.html" file in our shared folder. It just needs your after-thoughts and some descriptions.

weazil

Cheers for that (the post mortem), just found it now. I'll try and get that updated this week!

Back