Dungeonpunx Zine coming SOOOON (oldhammer stuff/Lone Wolf)

Morning, just a quick heads up on a project some friends and I are working on.

Dungeonpunx fanzine is born out of our mutual childhood experiences with 80's wargaming, D&D, hardcore punk and metal, 2000AD and all the other cool stuff that changed our wiring at a crucial age and inspired our imaginations in adult life

Issue 1 features:
. A feature on Pat Mills/ Slaine & Celtic mythology
. The evolution of the Slayer in dwarven culture as a reaction to Thatcher/Reagan politics
. A look back at Lazerburn, the precursor to Rogue Trader/Warhammer 40K
. An interview with Joe Mcullough, the man behind Frostgrave
. We take a wander through Magnamund and reflect on Joe Dever's Lone Wolf series
. We talk to Andrew Maclean artist/writer on Image Comics sword and sorcery riot Headlopper

Reviews, opinions, metal plus loads more. I'll keep the thread updated with order details and tasters as the project gets closer to release. In the meantime here's some of the original artwork that Rich knocked up to accompany the Lazerburn piece

We are hoping for a June release date on this and you'll be able to pick up in selected FLGS or comic shops in the UK/USA/Australia. A special edition will be available from us directly that comes in a screen printed pizza box and is chock full of extra goodies (shirt, stickers etc) Cheers for reading!

Attachments

• lazerburn2.png
    lazerburn2.png
    111.3 KB · Views: 4,087
  • Lazerburn.png
    Lazerburn.png
    114.5 KB · Views: 4,087

Subedai

Re: Dungeonpunx Zine coming SOOOON (oldhammer stuff/Lone Wol

Sounds fun, looking forward to it as well. Bringing back memories of fanzines in the early 90s for me, and bulk photocopying in department stores.

paperclip

Re: Dungeonpunx Zine coming SOOOON (oldhammer stuff/Lone Wol

This looks really cool. A print OSR/Oldhammer zine ticks all the right boxes for me!

Back