Ulysses 31

Anyone remember this cartoon from the 80's?

ulysses31_crew.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz_U9Np_nZ8&list=PLBC1F80E9198EC877

A little bit different to most of what was on when I was a kid. Always had an odd vibe to it due to the incidental music and sound effects, which really appealed even back then. Must be the catchiest theme song too.

Mutantdale

Ulysses Ulysses soaring through the galaxy. In search of earth flying through the sky..

Yea I used to watch this as a kid. The plant based bad guys were awesome

MD

Mutantdale":25leeizc said:
The plant based bad guys were awesome

MD

Don't recall those. I'm still re-watching the series though, unless you're on about Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors? They were plant type bad guys.

Just John":3onpllz8 said:
Loved it as a kid - that was the one with the Trident shaped ships for the bad guys wasn't it?

I think I've seen those in a clip somewhere. As I go back through the episodes there are all sorts of things that are looking familiar. I think the stories went over my head a bit as a kid but the characters stuck. Big difference between this series and all the 'classic' US cartoons (Ulysses being a largely French production).

Ulyss.....eeeeeee...eeeeeee.....eeeeeee....eeeeees

:grin:

Mutantdale

Ahh yeah Jayce and the wheeled warriors another show I watched.
My mistake :roll:
Another show I need top find then

MD

Heyer

I loved that serie,was one of my favourites,can you also remember the serie David the gnome?i love the bog trolls with the big noses :grin:

Thantsants

Zhu posted a couple of Ulyses videos on his blog as part of his posts on Lustria and the Amazons which reignited my nostalgia.

I'm currently a little bit obsessed with the amazing sound track that I think puts it a cut above the other animated gems of the 80's!

This guy's pretty good!

You rotten B****rd!!!
Now I'll never shake the whole

"It's me No-No, small robot you know, I love Ulysses"

From my head!!

Top marks for bringing an old fart back to his younger years, now pay up for the therapy bills!!!!

;)

I must be a wee bit young for this one (or I just don't remember)...

They show the old Voltron Defender Of The Universe (not the lions) here, and its bloody hilarious cause one of their team is a blue alien with the fakest indian accent ever :lol:

I used to have all the Bravestarr toys, vehichles and the fort, I can only imagine how much they would be worth these days...
I really liked it as a kid, I get the feeling maybe only a handful of people did :lol:

Thantsants

Bravestarr was alright or am I thinking of Galaxy Rangers?

I remember M.A.S.K. being pretty cool and had a lot of those toys. My brother had a few of the Centurions toys as well and I seem to remember enjoying that cartoon - Power Extreme!

Still got a Defenders of the Earth Annual lying around somewhere.

Don't forget Cities of Gold though - amazing!

Warlord Paul":s22p6biq said:
Shows I hated: :evil:

The Raccoons
Muppet Babies
Care Bears
Alvin and the Chipmunks
Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers

Kind of on the fence with Gummi bears.

Can I add:
Teddy Ruxpin
SuperTed
Dogtanian

Cities of Gold, man that was a good show.

Bravestarr was the American indian cowboy in space thing with lasers that froze people.

I dig the original Transformers and also TMNT to this day, bit of a Macross fan too (the original stuff though) Ive got a fair few battle pod and valkyrie model kits to assemble and paint someday (after all the lead lying around) but I want to get cases for them so all the little aerials and barrels don't get busted off.

I loved Robotech as a kid (until I discovered the source material)

Ha, that's mad!
I must admit I don't remember too much about the show besides the song, the bird and the informative bit at the end :grin:

It was the cartoon that got me into TMNT, but this led me to the palladium rpgs (also their robotech and rifts books) and the mirage TMNT comics.

Anybody here got any of the TMNT minis?

I saw hungry ghost make awesome use of the terror bears on his blog, seriously cool :ugeek:

Zhu Bajie

Count Von Bruno":3ow458dn said:
Anybody here got any of the TMNT minis?/quote]

Yes I've got the TMNT with power weapons by Ral Partha, bought from GW Manchester, in a box somewhere, haven't seen them since last house move tho. :cry:

Also used them in 40k:RT

Count Von Bruno":3ow458dn said:
I saw hungry ghost make awesome use of the terror bears on his blog, seriously cool :ugeek:

NEED LIIIIIINK!

Back