Sorcery! on iOS reincarnates Fighting Fantasy books

ardyer

Just thought some of you might enjoy the news:

Sorcery! on iOS reincarnates Fighting Fantasy books for tablets (video)
http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/02/sorc ... #continued

If you're going to bring the well-loved, 30-year-old Fighting Fantasy book series to digital screens, you'd better do it right. Fortunately, Sorcery! does. The game is based on the original choose-your-own-adventure series written by Lionhead Studios co-founder Steve Jackson, with a few modern adjustments. The iOS game sidesteps the need for organic books and (unfortunately) our tried-and-tested multi-fingered bookmarking system, digitally keeping note of all your decisions along the way -- in short, no cheating. Making use of the new medium, there are now touch-based sword fights to help break up the wordy play-by-play descriptions of what you're doing. The initial installment is available now for $5 at the App Store, with the remaining three parts expected to follow later this year.

Orlygg

I've got my eye on this. I've playd and enjoyed FF Blood of the Zombies and House of Hell on my tablet, and am currently playing Talisman on there too now!When are these books released?

Zhu Bajie

Thantsants":zr5vlfsg said:
The Luddite in me is making me want to get the books and a pair of dice out... ;)

There is something nice about escaping from "the screen" for bit. Cracking open a beer, picking out 2 favorite d6, a pencil and some note-paper and flipping through a gamebook...

Judging by the trailer the music is pretty good on the iPad version, has the right ambience.

Back