Leviathan

Hi!

Its not quite as oldschool as Warhammer but I had a bit of an obsession for the rather fun game called Leviathan which was released by Grendel back in 1995 when I was still at high school.

I bought the rulebook from the long gone Macs Models in Edinburgh and pored over the rules and background but never got the figures, mainly due to Macs Models closing down soon after followed by a lengthy absence from the whole hobby scene. Move forward over a decade and I found myself preparing to head to university and I found my old rulebook and almost instantly began collecting a couple of forces and even running a mildly obsessive blog based on it called Leviathan War.

Sadly Scotia Grendel, the current owner of the rules is rather unwilling to do much with it other than keep producing the rather tired resin sculpts and real life soon intruded and the whole project was shelved.

Skip forward to now and I have re found my love for the game and am hoping to paint up some small forces for the game but have hit a bit of a stumbling block, namely the rules. Essentially the basics are excellent but it needed more clarification as theres lots of small gaps and creaky bits, not to mention missing stuff so I am hoping that there might be someone out there who has the revised edition of the rules that were released in the late 90s with a spiral binding. Better yet anyone involved with the playtesting or development of either edition would be fantastic as I really want to get a fully revised version out and even put together the long lost Earthpower supplement which Scotia lost when their computer broke, taking all the draft rules, background and whatnot with it!

I have been in touch with Scotia direct as well as Bill King, the chap who wrote the background and even John Robertson, the original developer but the passage of time has left them bereft of any information on the game at all so I am hoping that there might be someone out there who could help!

All the best!

Back