A bit about Fighting Fantasy in the news

I have some of the German versions still today. I discovered my first one while strolling through the book shelves in my lokal library in Duisburg-Rumlen / Germany.
It was a wonderful time later coming to Ad&D, Heroquest and finally to Warhammer 3rd. Great to have them back in print.

Protist

Yeah, pretty good article,thanks for the link.

There's also a link in there to a piece by the same writer about the opposition to roleplay gaming. It has a hilarious final comment:

...'streets awash with the blood of innocents as a horde of demonically-possessed roleplayers laid waste to the country' simply never materialised
" :lol:

Y'know, that could make quite a cool "stop the demon role players" scenario for a role play game :grin:

At the Fighting fantasy Fest, Livingstone addressed some of the INSANE accusations that were leveled at Fighting Fantasy back in the day from the Christian Right. Claims from distressed parents in Surrey that their child was levitating after reading Deathtrap Dungeon and priests threatening to chain themselves to the railings outside Puffin Books until the books were banned. Pretty cool. My mum wasn't arsed what I was reading, just that I WAS reading was enough for her. I TOTALLY blame those books for getting me into heavy metal and punk though!

Corehammer73":jz1bmicc said:
Claims from distressed parents in Surrey that their child was levitating after reading Deathtrap Dungeoen...
You are not levitating after reading FF Books??? Not even while playing Oldhammer??? You are doing something terrible wrong.... :lol:

The only magical power I gained from getting involved with Warhammer and D&D was the ability to make all my money disappear.

Niibl

Not magic. It is some kind of Alchemy.
Like the Tin Soldiers of Antwerp tell us on their page:
"Alchemists turn lead into gold and make money.
Wargamers make money, then turn their gold into lead."

Back