Retro video games?

The place to discuss everthing retro : OSR, Fantasy Figthing books, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:18 am

Re: Retro video games?

My Dad got the Mac + when it was released, this resulted in me and my brother playing Shufflepuck :

Image Image

And Dark Castle :

Image Image

There were a whole lot of very good games on that machine.

I also used play a lot of Barbarians when at my cousin's but I always ended being more absorbed by their lead than their computer

Post Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:26 am

Post Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:11 pm

Not that old school, but anybody remember the Mutant League Football and Ice Hockey games for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis?
Very Blood Bowl, I used to play the bejeesus out of MFL.
R.I.P. Dave Brockie, AKA Oderus Urungus

My blog http://leadoralivebruno.blogspot.com.au/2014/06/enter-bruno.html

Post Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:41 pm

favourite arcade games for me were pengo and mighty monkey.
i've just got my 12 yr old daughter playing monkey island using scumm (and my original CD-roms) best comedy games ever for me along with Sam and Max.

Post Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:33 am

Golden Axe! Tyris Flare! I loved that game!

I showed my Son a 'Let's Play' on You Tube and he laughed and said is that from 1960..... these PS4 Generation kids missed all the fun hahahahaaa!

I'm currently re playing all the Baldur's gate and Icewind Dale games! I love those soooooo much! Not strictly 'Retro' but then again, a game released in 1998 and 2001 on Windows 98 is damn ancient by today's standards!!!!

Now I need to spend about €900 to build a new PC so I can play Pillars of Eternity :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:23 pm

Games from my youth, in no particular order;

The Azure bond's. It was a great game, turn based, with plenty to keep me occupied on my 386 EGA PC. Best part of the game was giving female bodies to the male characters....you could really go nuts on character creation :D

Chuck Yeager's Air Combat. Played this one to death! Highlight was designing your own games, taking on fifteen B-17's with a Komet-163. Oh, and listening to Chuck's dolset tones was fun too.

Fallout 1 & 2. A friend showed this to me back in the day, but for some reason it didn't impress me. Tried it years later & was hooked. Too much awesome to describe :D

Arch Rivals on the SNES. So much fun was had with this game. King hitting your opponent's in the back of the head as they ran for the basket.......ah, good times :lol:

The first medal of honour games on the PS1. I had it hooked up to my amp, so I could kill Nazis in stereo.

That's about all I can recall at this time, I'm having a senior moment. But one things for sure, I don't play games as often as I used to, too busy playing with old lead minis :)

Cheers.
My Blog: Mr Papafakis
Stuff I'd like to have: Wishlist
Stuff I'd like you to have: Trades

Post Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:54 pm

I'd completely forgotten about Chuck Yaegers Air Combat! What a superb game that was on PC!
"Mind the oranges Marlon!"

My painting blog - Chewing lead

Post Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:15 pm

I knew you were a man of taste!Fallout 1 and 2are my absolute favourites and Chuck Yeagers air comabt, man how many hours did I spend on that one... and syndicate too !

Post Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:24 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot Syndicate!

Man, how I loved gaussing the hell out of the cars, people & anything I could find in the last mission. I replayed it so many times......trying to ignite 100% of the civilians, alas, it wasn't to be :(

Pitstop was a cool game too, on the Commodore 64. Your tyres changed colour as they wore out & you could blow up you fuel tank in the pits of you overfilled it!
My Blog: Mr Papafakis
Stuff I'd like to have: Wishlist
Stuff I'd like you to have: Trades

Post Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:58 pm

I made my degree film on an AMiga, Deluxe paint was aweome.

I play a fair amount of retro games. I am always up for some Might and Magic 3 play by email. Or games on WinUAE. Games like laser squad or Lords of CHaos are good, even moon stomes, as you can email the saves to each other for over the net play by mail.
PreviousNext

Return to Retro Discussions