Wanted- Bucky O'Hare!!!!

Fimm McCool

Ok, not oldhammer... yet. But retro goes in this section yes?

I have a longing to reacquaint myself with my childhood hero Bucky O'Hare, yes, I said Bucky. :twisted:

I have the complete DVD, I have the original US comic book, I even still have the figures from when I was a kid. What I threw away, like a fool, was the UK comic run... which has 14 more volumes than the US series!

Sooo..... here's a two-parter.

1) Does anyone have any of the UK comics kicking around they don't want anymore (especially issues 6-20)
2) Aside from the games/figures you gave away when you decided you'd grown out of them (we've all been there) what cherished childhood possessions should you have never thrown away? 8-)

Mister Rab

There were comics?! :shock: How did I miss them? I loved the TV show when I was a teen - "Let's go croak us some toads!"

Top Sunday morning TV, along with Earthworm Jim 8-)

Fimm McCool

It started off as a series of comics by Larry Hama, the guy responsible for much of G.I. Joe as well as a lot of DC stuff. Then there was a TV adaptation, then the originals were re-released in the UK to support the TV series, with 14 additional issues (not written by Hama) to coincide with characters/events from the TV show.

ardyer

Fimm McCool":1y9vr6h4 said:
It started off as a series of comics by Larry Hama, the guy responsible for much of G.I. Joe as well as a lot of DC stuff.

I read a real interesting interview with him about his start with G.I. Joe and the amount of licensed stuff he did. He wad laughing because most writers turn down that kind of thing (and he was not the first choice for G.I. Joe) but as a young writer, he was just happy to have a paycheck!

Fimm McCool

ardyer":iwp3gk04 said:
I read a real interesting interview with him about his start with G.I. Joe and the amount of licensed stuff he did. He wad laughing because most writers turn down that kind of thing (and he was not the first choice for G.I. Joe) but as a young writer, he was just happy to have a paycheck!

Yeah, he said DC offered their writers the chance to publish their own stuff for a "good percentage of the sales" but were not very forthcoming with anything contractual! That's why he took Bucky to Continuity, that was the comic he "really wanted to write"- it had animals in it! Only sad it didn't go any further.

For those unfamiliar (ignore the French speech bubbles- can't find an image of this awesome panel in English!):

bucky_illus1.jpg

Really wanna sculpt some of these guys and have a bash at a Bucky roleplay... think they'd let Oakbound have the rights? ;)

Fimm McCool

Well I sent an email to Mr Hama, tentatively wondering about rights to release a miniatures game of Bucky through Oakbound Games. Long shot, but gotta be worth a pop right? ;)

@MisterRab, what about an olde worlde version of Bucky... Buckshot O'Hare? 8-)

Fimm McCool

Larry got back to me... Continuity are very willing to talk about licensing. Who's up for being on the Bucky roleplay development panel? :grin:

Mister Rab

I'm not sure I could add much to a roleplaying game playtest, but I'd be happy to test any skirmishing rules you might come up with that might go along with it.

Fimm McCool

Please see the General board for some Market Research relating to our hush-hush, secretive development of the Bucky game.... ;)

Back