Any metal fans here?

jprp

Grindcore, Hardcore, Crustpunk, Industrial, Deathmetal, some Blackmetal, NWBHM, Powermetal, Classic70`s/80`s metal (not glam or Bon jovi type stuff though)even drifting into 60`s stuff like MC5 and Stooges and a bit of Psychodelic rock.

Chico

You guys all seem to be forgetting the most Metal band of all:

THE WOMBLES!

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 3,291

grim1

70s- 80s rock for me Black Sabbath, Bowie, Beatles, Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Rainbow, Queensryche, Faith No More, Motley Crue, Anthrax, Bon Jovi (cringe) later Nirvana, Kings X, the pumpkins, Pearl Jam, Radiohead,
but strangely enough i also loved motown and reggae at the same time.
after looking around the warhammer internet forum world for years, i think that this forum is where i fit in best. even though i am yet to go to an oldhammer event.

Ahh, what's more heavy metal than old lead? I too profess a love for metal (you'd be able to tell right off the bat if you had a look at me) and I'm glad I'm not alone on this as I see the two forms of metal as being closely linked. Like Asslessman, the hobby and the music went hand in hand for me from the very beginning. Mainly I obsess over 80s heavy metal, favourites being Scorpions, Saxon, Diamond Head, 220 Volt, Virtue, Jaguar, etc. and death and black metal: Sarcofago, Beherit, Possessed, Demilich, Bathory, Morbid Angel, etc., otherwise I have a very wide taste in music on the whole but metal is my main focus. I also have a soft spot for 70s prog & hard rock, italo disco, most electronic music from the 70s & 80s, coldwave/minimal synth wave, etc. Music is a big part of my life, probably why I'm a deadbeat muso meself and spend most of my time composing and recording with various bands and projects (hence the considerably low painting output).

Lead, debt & 'eavy metal.

runequester

Spending the night checking out a bunch of bands on amazon's streaming thingie. I'll go through bursts of trying to get as much new (to me) music as I can, then spend a month or two digesting it.

The new Body Count album sounds pretty cool, I saw them tear it up on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson the other night and got pretty excited :razz:

Asslessman

Count Von Bruno":2hzf38z4 said:
The new Body Count album sounds pretty cool, I saw them tear it up on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson the other night and got pretty excited :razz:

I'm such a fan of the first 2 albums. I didn't dare to hear it, maybe I'll try then :grin:

Now I just need to hear Infectious groove releases a new album

I've never really put the effort in to giving Body Count a real chance, I have a lot of respect for Ice-T but it's a bit hard to have respect for a band that paved the way for such terrible atrocities such as Limp Bizkit & co. They make me chuckle, that's about the extent of it. I too saw them on the telly the other night and I must say I wasn't too stoked on what I heard. I guess not being a fan of US style machoman breakdown hardcore has something to do with it as they sounded a lot like that. This whole thing just reminded me of when Ice-T did a song with Six Feet Under, that song makes me piss myself with the giggles. There's some comedy gold going on in that track I tell you what. Ice-T's verse never fails to make me smile. That being said I'm not the biggest fan of Six Feet Under either, the idea of 'stoner death metal' irks me, too slow, groovy riffs, dumb idea. If I want slow death metal I listen to death/doom bands like good old Aussie diSEMBOWELMENT or something along those lines.

runequester

For me, "slow" death metal was always stuff like Morbid Angel and Bolt Thrower.

I've been infected a lot by the Grindcore thing lately. Used to never "get it" then suddenly it made sense. It's just total relaxation music for me. Put on headphones, blast it loud and I feel all stress and anxiety just evaporate.

Misery Index, Pig Destroyer and lately Mumakil. It helps a friend of mine is a huge Napalm Death fan so he got me hooked.

Love a bit of grindcore but I've grown tired of it over the years. Been in a couple of grind bands but it's not the sort of music I like to write really, fun to play though. Still love a bit of goregrind like Cock & Ball Torture, check out Last Days of Humanity if you haven't already, blistering Dutch sicko madness, up there with my favourites. Pitch shifted vocals but that's goregrind for ya, I've got a soft spot for 'em.

Napalm Death's first demo is amazing stuff, very very different from everything else. Shades of goth rock evident on that tape, I love it. Not really the biggest fan of their later career, the constant lineup changes really did a number on their music (especially during the 90s! yeugh there are some stinkers in that pile!) but their first few LPs are bloody great.

runequester

Napalm Death is kind of weird because they've been all over the place. Some albums are barely grind while others are super crazy.

This morning, listening to Suffocation (which is wicked cool) and a bit of Atheist (which seems like over-elaborate wank)

Also had the misfortune of listening to the last Morbid Angel album. What the **** happened?

Sprinkles

Wow, I was streaming Maiden when I found this thred so I guess you can count me in!. Always love a bit of thrash and old school punk (Clash, Pistols, Buzzcocks n all). I always had a soft spot for 90s alt stuff like The Jesus Lizard, Fugazi, Shellac etc as well as 'grunge' (what a massively non specific label that is).

I used to enjoy a variety of metal bands; mostly death metal, doom metal and 'viking' metal (which is essentially black metal with a Norse folk flavour).

Lately, though, I have come to find Bolt Thrower as the only band that I'll consisently enjoy and return to on a regular basis.

Sometimes I listen to a bit of Amon Amarth.

I am also quite fond of Satyricon's first album, 'Dark Medieval Times'.

My painting music when I first got into the hobby was a mix of Pink Floyd, Metallica, Tom Petty and Bruce Springsteen :grin: Dadcore to the max. Now I am an actual dad i prefer to work to the sound of utter, utter silence. Nothing is sweeter ;)

Only just clocked this. Yep love some metal here, Slayer, Entombed, Darkthrone, early Sepultura...all kneel before the mighty Carcass though. Don't listen to much metal whilst doing hobby stuff aside from stuff like L'Alcest, Wolves In The Throne Room, Fauna etc. I'm shit and old now though so I mostly I just listen to twee mid 90's female vocal stuff like Throwing Muses, Juliana Hatfield and Belly

I've rediscovered a favourite band I used to listen to in ye olden days -- DOOMSWORD!

The Wikipedia page describes them as: "an Italian heavy metal band...with strong influences from epic themes such as ancient and medieval history, fantasy literature and European mythology".

If you like the classic heavy metal sound with clean vocals (i.e. no growling/shrieking), but completely drenched in the above themes, I strongly recommend them.

I've recently discovered something called The Dungeon Synth Archives on YouTube.

It's a collection of obscure bands which seem to play the spirit of black metal but without the fast drums and shrieking. Very ambient. I would dare say this is my new favourite genre.

Back