Any metal fans here?

The place to discuss everthing retro : OSR, Fantasy Figthing books, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:30 pm

Re: Any metal fans here?

Grindcore, Hardcore, Crustpunk, Industrial, Deathmetal, some Blackmetal, NWBHM, Powermetal, Classic70`s/80`s metal (not glam or Bon jovi type stuff though)even drifting into 60`s stuff like MC5 and Stooges and a bit of Psychodelic rock.

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:42 pm

You guys all seem to be forgetting the most Metal band of all:

THE WOMBLES!

download.jpg
Womble
download.jpg (13.18 KiB) Viewed 1090 times

Post Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:52 pm

Chico wrote:You guys all seem to be forgetting the most Metal band of all:

THE WOMBLES!

download.jpg

No, that just comes under classic metal.

Post Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:01 am

70s- 80s rock for me Black Sabbath, Bowie, Beatles, Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Rainbow, Queensryche, Faith No More, Motley Crue, Anthrax, Bon Jovi (cringe) later Nirvana, Kings X, the pumpkins, Pearl Jam, Radiohead,
but strangely enough i also loved motown and reggae at the same time.
after looking around the warhammer internet forum world for years, i think that this forum is where i fit in best. even though i am yet to go to an oldhammer event.

Post Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:54 pm

Ahh, what's more heavy metal than old lead? I too profess a love for metal (you'd be able to tell right off the bat if you had a look at me) and I'm glad I'm not alone on this as I see the two forms of metal as being closely linked. Like Asslessman, the hobby and the music went hand in hand for me from the very beginning. Mainly I obsess over 80s heavy metal, favourites being Scorpions, Saxon, Diamond Head, 220 Volt, Virtue, Jaguar, etc. and death and black metal: Sarcofago, Beherit, Possessed, Demilich, Bathory, Morbid Angel, etc., otherwise I have a very wide taste in music on the whole but metal is my main focus. I also have a soft spot for 70s prog & hard rock, italo disco, most electronic music from the 70s & 80s, coldwave/minimal synth wave, etc. Music is a big part of my life, probably why I'm a deadbeat muso meself and spend most of my time composing and recording with various bands and projects (hence the considerably low painting output).

Lead, debt & 'eavy metal.

Post Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:33 am

Spending the night checking out a bunch of bands on amazon's streaming thingie. I'll go through bursts of trying to get as much new (to me) music as I can, then spend a month or two digesting it.
You may wonder if old or new 40K is better.
Ask yourself:

Did Bolt Thrower write about Rogue Trader or 7th edition?

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:05 am

The new Body Count album sounds pretty cool, I saw them tear it up on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson the other night and got pretty excited :P
R.I.P. Dave Brockie, AKA Oderus Urungus

My blog http://leadoralivebruno.blogspot.com.au/2014/06/enter-bruno.html

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:20 pm

Count Von Bruno wrote:The new Body Count album sounds pretty cool, I saw them tear it up on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson the other night and got pretty excited :P

I'm such a fan of the first 2 albums. I didn't dare to hear it, maybe I'll try then :D

Now I just need to hear Infectious groove releases a new album

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:26 pm

I've never really put the effort in to giving Body Count a real chance, I have a lot of respect for Ice-T but it's a bit hard to have respect for a band that paved the way for such terrible atrocities such as Limp Bizkit & co. They make me chuckle, that's about the extent of it. I too saw them on the telly the other night and I must say I wasn't too stoked on what I heard. I guess not being a fan of US style machoman breakdown hardcore has something to do with it as they sounded a lot like that. This whole thing just reminded me of when Ice-T did a song with Six Feet Under, that song makes me piss myself with the giggles. There's some comedy gold going on in that track I tell you what. Ice-T's verse never fails to make me smile. That being said I'm not the biggest fan of Six Feet Under either, the idea of 'stoner death metal' irks me, too slow, groovy riffs, dumb idea. If I want slow death metal I listen to death/doom bands like good old Aussie diSEMBOWELMENT or something along those lines.

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:45 pm

For me, "slow" death metal was always stuff like Morbid Angel and Bolt Thrower.

I've been infected a lot by the Grindcore thing lately. Used to never "get it" then suddenly it made sense. It's just total relaxation music for me. Put on headphones, blast it loud and I feel all stress and anxiety just evaporate.

Misery Index, Pig Destroyer and lately Mumakil. It helps a friend of mine is a huge Napalm Death fan so he got me hooked.
You may wonder if old or new 40K is better.
Ask yourself:

Did Bolt Thrower write about Rogue Trader or 7th edition?
PreviousNext

Return to Retro Discussions