Any metal fans here?

The place to discuss everthing retro : OSR, Fantasy Figthing books, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:44 pm

Re: Any metal fans here?

Stormbringer wrote:It's a collection of obscure bands which seem to play the spirit of black metal but without the fast drums and shrieking. Very ambient. I would dare say this is my new favourite genre.

That looks really promising. I've got my morning soundtrack now.

I'm glad you brought this thread back, cause otherwise I wouldn't have known it existed. I'm into any metal that falls near the Doom-/Stoner-/Sludge- intersection. Conan, Slomatics, Fu Manchu, Om, Elder, Morass of Molasses, Mos Generator, Howling Giant, Goya, Demon Head, Weedeater, Electric Wizard, Space Guerilla, Iommi-era Sabbath, and of course SLEEP. I'm a sucker for anything with a deep groove and lots of fuzz :twisted:
Like waffle? Check out my blog: http://mdarrow.blogspot.com/

Post Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:40 pm

Dieselhorst wrote:
Stormbringer wrote:It's a collection of obscure bands which seem to play the spirit of black metal but without the fast drums and shrieking. Very ambient. I would dare say this is my new favourite genre.

That looks really promising. I've got my morning soundtrack now.

I'm glad you brought this thread back, cause otherwise I wouldn't have known it existed. I'm into any metal that falls near the Doom-/Stoner-/Sludge- intersection. Conan, Slomatics, Fu Manchu, Om, Elder, Morass of Molasses, Mos Generator, Howling Giant, Goya, Demon Head, Weedeater, Electric Wizard, Space Guerilla, Iommi-era Sabbath, and of course SLEEP. I'm a sucker for anything with a deep groove and lots of fuzz :twisted:

Have you tried Ufomammut? Italian Doomy stuff, one of my favourite bands, I recommend 'em to anyone into stoner/doom/sludge.

Post Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:57 pm

dieselmonkey wrote:
Have you tried Ufomammut? Italian Doomy stuff, one of my favourite bands, I recommend 'em to anyone into stoner/doom/sludge.

I haven't. Ima look em up right now!
Like waffle? Check out my blog: http://mdarrow.blogspot.com/

Post Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:37 pm

If you like Italian doom metal, you must try Doomsword (I mentioned them earlier in this thread).
Zhu Bajie wrote:Space Marines don't go around saving worlds from hostile aliens, they go around harassing punks for doing graffiti.

Post Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:01 pm

Here is a particularly good (and possibly Oldhammery) example of Dungeon Synth:

https://youtu.be/ZrW5U68oSRI

One of the best ones I've listened to on this channel.
Zhu Bajie wrote:Space Marines don't go around saving worlds from hostile aliens, they go around harassing punks for doing graffiti.

Post Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:10 pm

Here's a real gem of some Atmospheric Black Metal:

https://youtu.be/X52fGRHN53o

Marvellous!

Post Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:08 pm

Lately I mostly listen to Grindcore, bands like Impetigo, Blood, Agathocles, Fear of God, Carcass, old Bolt Thrower, Unseen Terror.

But besides that I listen to a lot of Rock, NWOBHM, 80s and early 90s Black Metal, Death Metal, Punk, Danish Music and more.

I have been playing music myself since the early 90s and been in bands such as Puke Bath, Sadogoat, Sadomator, Ogdru Jahad and currently I play in a grind band called Vomit Angel.

:lol:

Post Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:46 pm

I always get confused with labels as I listen to all sort but my metal or metalish ones Led Zep, Black Sabbath, Uriah Heep, Motorhead, L7, Lunachicks (Maybe a bit punkish), Queen, Rainbow are ones that come to mind that I still listen too. But had albums by Skid Row, Metallica, Motley Crue, DIamond Head, Iron Maiden, Saxon, Janes Addiction, Gwar, GIrlschool and many many more I have forgotten over the years
My blog http://quendilsworld.blogspot.co.uk
You can never have too many projects!

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:14 pm

Jonas wrote: Puke Bath, Sadogoat, Sadomator, Ogdru Jahad , Vomit Angel.

Bands? I thought they were Heralds of Nurgle ;)

Post Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:33 pm

Chico wrote:
Jonas wrote: Puke Bath, Sadogoat, Sadomator, Ogdru Jahad , Vomit Angel.

Bands? I thought they were Heralds of Nurgle ;)

I am not sure... a lot of vomiting was going on, but also intoxication and bloodshed... maybe undivided ;)
PreviousNext

Return to Retro Discussions