So what other retro games do you do?

runequester

Looking at the book shelves, quite a bit of retro stuff there.

For wargames, it's mostly Rogue trader and 2nd ed 40K (I do own a rulebook for 3rd ed Fantasy) but also dabbled in Space Marine 1 and 2, the original Warzone mini's game, some Laserburn, Blood Bowl 2nd edition and Battletech.

On the RPG front, Rolemaster, Runequest, Traveller (Classic and Mega Traveller), D&D (original, red box and AD&D), Stormbringer and used to own a 1st edition of Pendragon but sold it off.

There's plenty of new games too but the retro stuff tends to burn the strongest for me. Curiously a fair amount of this stuff is stuff I came to much after the fact, so it's not even nostalgia for most of this.

So what's on your shelf?

MIke D.

I have mostly RT era and 2nd Edition WH40k stuff (and still bidding on a couple of codex from ebay).

RPG wise, I am big into D&D (and all of the retro-clones) - that is mostly G+ gaming. My local face-to-face group plays old Rolemaster whenever we can. I have RQ 2nd edition (as well as the Deluxe version from AH). I still own a large selection of other games including Pendragon (never played) and Stormbringer (played rarely).

Hell, I even have Squad leader and Advanced Squad Leader (which I haven't played in years).

runequester

Rolemaster is fantastic. Only game where I've had an otherwise quiet and introverted player jump out of the seat and flail their arms around to show us how the battle had gone.

Asslessman

On the shelf Every WH40k edition but the last one and all WHFB editions but the first 2. That said, the only books I still read regularly are the ones published until 40k 2nd and WHFB 3rd.
RT add ons like compilation and compendium or the book of the astronomican are regular reads and the RoC as well.
ON th eshelves are also a fair lot of old WD I still need to read once in a while along th espaceflelet advanded rules (still dreaming to play it), the conforntation rules (compiled scan so that I don't hurt my WDs when playing and not having to bring 6 issues with me)

Other notable games are the sorcery adventure books I read again very recently with the will to do the 4th again since I utterly failed (don't know how I managed to finish it when I was young).

There are also the necromunda rules next to my bed in preparation for BOYL...

For me besides Warhammer 3rd and Rogue trader I enjoy WRG 6th ed and DBA.
My all time favourite is Space Hulk 1st ed. I own every edition with all supplements but 1st is the holy grail when it comes to fast paced games.

RPG:?? I played AD&D 2nd but that was back in the 90s.

grim1

played d&D in the 70s a tiny amount, much more AD&D until 4th edition killed it off for me with the combo-card system.
loved MERP, rolemaster, traveller, cyberpunk, cthulu
liked runequest, stormbringer, hawkmoon,
hated tunnels and trolls,
favorite, warhammer fantasy roleplay, 1st edition and second. and later The Riddle of Steel.

still miss the friday night rpg times, now only play warhammer battle with my old school friends and then it's only once per month.

Back