WHFB 3rd edition - Cannon

Trygg

Hi all,

i don't know if this is the correct section for this kind of question...anyway

I always had a doubt about cannong shooting rules in 3rd edition.
if i remember well rules say that cannon "automatically hit target": that means that no BS roll is needed?
Don't know if this is true, anyway with my friends we always used the rule that cannon needed the BS roll..but this was a doubt i always had.

Anyone of you expert 3rdED gamers know which is the correct interpretation^

Thanks to all

Trygg

yes...

kknowing that i have always used the check on BS as for Bolt Throwers...otherwise it's too devastating

Trygg":17ggn5jg said:
yes...

kknowing that i have always used the check on BS as for Bolt Throwers...otherwise it's too devastating

Yes, I totally agree with this myself. I would go the route of instead of automatically hitting models in the path, roll to hit individually for any potential model hit. The cannonball has to go somewhere after all, just like a stone thrower. On that subject Stone throwers should also have to roll to hit or face an automatic deviation. Experience has shown me that things like Ork Man Manglers are incredibly overpowered otherwise - you have a 0.55 probability of a direct hit capable of killing most of any unit of troops including heroes with the default rules for them making them far more destructive than cannon.

Back