Damn, are they lost?

KingKobra

Just wanted to share this with you, as I am in a state of panic right now.

Tried to locate the old box with Bugmans Rangers in it in the basement, where I keep my minis. Where has it gone? I am not able to find said box, which should contain not only Bugmans, erm, men, but all the other dwarves. Telling myself that I would be able to locate them if only I'd look thoroughly, I looked thoroughly. Nuthin'. so now thought meander - are they in the Bugmans box? Or in the old Goblobber box? Where did I put them? Am I sure that I saw them after the family relocated some three years ago?

Please, all, keep your fingers crossed....

Asslessman

Did you check under that toolbox over there? think I'm seeing something...

Fingers crossed on hands and feet mate, Lost lead stories are ones I really don't fancy, I'll try to leave a candle to Saint Anthony for you too.

Just John

This has happened a few times to me. It usually ends badly with the realisation that I sold them for a pittance and then drank the proceeds. Ah the folly of youth..

Hopefully you find them and to help you along I'm off to put a gun to St Anthony's head until he helps you...

Asslessman

That's the guy I go to when I lose lead. He has saved my butt on many occasions and it's actually a citadel catalogue he's reading right now to see excatly what models you lost) :

30c61ce7.jpg

Aiteal

Would you two stop dragging me back to my messed up childhood?
I'll be rubbing my scapulars whilst my Granny throws holy water about chanting Jesus Lost, Jesus Found!

I'll light a wee candle KK ;)

Erny

These stories always end well eventually. They will turn up in some pile in your garage or something and you will do a face palm, "oh yes, that's what I did with them." The key is to let your sub-conscious do the remembering, it's a much better computer than our conscious mind. The hard part is convincing your conscious mind that you don't care that you can't find them.

Find another project, have a beer and they will turn up in a couple of days. If yo keep looking you'll go round in circles and never find them.

tp_1983

Ernies, right: Beer. Beer is always the answer. If beer doesn't work, I generally find you're not using enough beer.

KingKobra

Erny":1rkof97p said:
These stories always end well eventually. They will turn up in some pile in your garage or something and you will do a face palm, "oh yes, that's what I did with them." The key is to let your sub-conscious do the remembering, it's a much better computer than our conscious mind. The hard part is convincing your conscious mind that you don't care that you can't find them.

Find another project, have a beer and they will turn up in a couple of days. If yo keep looking you'll go round in circles and never find them.

You're a wise man. I found them this morning, when I looked in one cardboard box, where I was sure nothing but Artizan Moors could be inside. I looked again today, after the scales of karma had tipped in my favor last night, when I won the bane of Loch Lorm for 16 quid. I drank a beer yesterday, albeit an alcohol free one, so this method seems to work, too.

Thanks for all the candles!

Asslessman

KingKobra":3krp6l4r said:
Erny":3krp6l4r said:

You're a wise man. I found them this morning, when I looked in one cardboard box, where I was sure nothing but Artizan Moors could be inside. I looked again today, after the scales of karma had tipped in my favor last night, when I won the bane of Loch Lorm for 16 quid. I drank a beer yesterday, albeit an alcohol free one, so this method seems to work, too.

Thanks for all the candles!

A very nice thing to read ! Glad you got them.

@Erny, I really like this approach, I agree it works fine, I used that a lot when I was playing LEGO as a kid, when I couldn't find a piece, i started looking for another one and the first piece would come up rigt away ! Same for models and bits.

Erny

Glad it turned up. I always have a couple of things lost in the lead pile, they turn up but then something else is lost.

Assless, you used the same method as a kid to find Lego? I knew you French started on the booze young but beer and Lego? :)

Asslessman

I was thinking more about the "if you're looking for something you can't find, start looking for something else and you will find it" part, although like the captain, there has been a period in my life where booze and LEGO coexisted...

Erny

I know. I afraid my humor runs such that if I see a statement that could be taken more than one way i'll go with the more interesting one, even if I know it is not what was meant. Even if it is only funny to me. :oops:

Asslessman

Erny":jrqchlm7 said:
I know. I afraid my humor runs such that if I see a statement that could be taken more than one way i'll go with the more interesting one, even if I know it is not what was meant. Even if it is only funny to me. :oops:
I got that and it made me smile. I actually started to reply to precise we begin with wine and not beer with LEGO but forgot in the process... (typical me :? )
Oh but wait, my 3yo daughter is ready for LEGO isn't she? where's the corkscrew? :twisted:

Erny

My five year old and three year old sons are really getting into join play with lego, all made up star wars.
They are also interested in beer. After much bugging I let them dip their fingers in the foam on top of my ale (I remember doing the same with my grandads beer at that age). The five year old turned his nose up at it as expected. The three year olds eyes lit up and he keeps asking for more.

What a champ :lol:

I remember trying coffee as a kid and then when nobody was around I dug a heaped spoonful of it out and whacked it straight in my mouth :oops:

twisted moon

i misplaced my tin of ogres when we moved house, and couldn't find them anywhere. i eventually decided they must have remained on the removal van when everything else was unpacked. they materialised when we moved house again nine years later, much to my delight.

Back