What else do you collect?

Asslessman

:shock:

OK, you're several leagues ahead of me, I thought I was strange with my 8 IKEA shelves full of comics but you beat me to pulp...

No offense meant but the story about the chicken just got this one back to my head

bug16

Strangely I don't collect much else anymore. I used to avidly collect vinyl until I got hold of everything I wanted (it can happen!) and anything related to the Alien movies until Alien Resurrection came out and killed all interest in the series and Prometheus ensured said interest stayed completely dead (dreadful film). Fun fact: The old Citadel Bolter Shell screw top paint pots were used on one of the Alien Resurrection landing pad models. :)

phreedh

bug16":3dt38jlz said:
Prometheus ensured said interest stayed completely dead (dreadful film)
Quite the contrary for me. It made me realize how much I love 1-3... Pity about Prometheus, it could've been awesome. Still nowhere near as bad as the trainwreck that was Resurrection. Ugh.

1-3 will be the first series of movies I watch in the den when I've got the new projector and sound system installed. Can't wait! =)

bug16

phreedh":10adelkf said:
1-3 will be the first series of movies I watch in the den when I've got the new projector and sound system installed. Can't wait! =)

Sounds great! Can I come? :grin:

Heh, I thought Prometheus was absolutely ace :?

I only saw Resurrection/4 a couple of years ago and I couldn't believe how awful it is (it's some kind of comedy?) , 3 is a masterpiece in comparison.

Count Von Bruno":2owdyt6q said:
I only saw Resurrection/4 a couple of years ago and I couldn't believe how awful it is (it's some kind of comedy?) , 3 is a masterpiece in comparison.

It was written by Joss Whedon and directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet - Buffy the Vampire Slayer + City of Lost Children x Aliens = weird squared. Maybe they should have tried Firefly + Delicatessan...

The sad thing was that everyone involved put a lot of work and effort in, including Jeunet, who did so much research into the visual style of the previous films and collaborated with talents like Marc Caro, but in the end it was all a bit of a confused jumble.

By the way, I collect movie trivia, can you tell? ;)

True, it would probably be a cool movie if it wasn't supposed to be part of the Alien series.

Delicatessan and COLC were great, I'm not sure if Joss Whedon is really my cup of tea though besides Buffy I've only seen a couple of eps of Firefly...I know he gets a lot of love.
Isnt he the guy doing the new Star Wars movies?

Heh, I'm chock full of trivia about 70's-90's hard rock and heavy metal- fat load of good it's done me, mind you :razz:

Count Von Bruno":1h1bi2z8 said:
True, it would probably be a cool movie if it wasn't supposed to be part of the Alien series.

Delicatessan and COLC were great, I'm not sure if Joss Whedon is really my cup of tea though besides Buffy I've only seen a couple of eps of Firefly...I know he gets a lot of love.
Isnt he the guy doing the new Star Wars movies?

Lordy I hope not... ive avoided looking at anything to do with the new star wars stuff, not because I'm not interested , I just don't want my judgement to be impaired by popular opinion and rumour ;) To be honest I can't stand anything Joss Whedon does, his dialogue annoys me no end. I watched a few episodes of Firefly but couldn't get into it, though the concept was admittedly very cool. It's a personal thing for me, I'll acknowledge that his success and fandom indicates that his work is loved by those what love him, but it ain't for me.

phreedh

Whedon have done decent stuff. Astonishing xmen for one. Liked firefly too. He's not on the new Star Wars though. It's jj Abrams. The chap who did lost. And the new Star Trek. I have high hopes, but low expectations. :)

Ah, I always get those guys mixed up...JJ is the LOST guy, right?

Apparently Laurence Kasdan is helping write this new SW movie and I've read they are avoiding CG as much as possible- high hopes/low expectations indeed.

Not sure how I feel about the Star Trek reboot and haven't seen Into Darkness...they've been showing the old movies on the tele here and I've really enjoyed watching them ( Doc from Back To The Future as a Klingon Captain in The Search For Spock is something I'd completely forgotten about :razz: )

Padre

Buffy was great. Watched it on VHS with the lady twice over. Firefly is some of the best TV ever (if you played 'Traveller' in the 80s - Whedon HAS to have played Traveller). His fairly recent, big Superhero film was fantastic - the name escapes me. (Age). Prometheus, however, was utterly awful in every way - muddled, unconvincing stuff full of pointless coincidence and undeveloped characters. I can suspend my disbelief with the best of them, but that stretched it too, too far.

I don't collect anything else. And my modus operandi re: buying and painting figures is not really to do with 'collecting'. I create armies, painting them all, and game and write and campaign etc. But no set of figures I own is complete in sense of 'having the set'. many are heavily converted. And my figures are randomly gathered from all eras and many, many manufacturers. Only when I came onto this forum did I start to learn anything much about manufacturers, sculptors, styles, eras, and e-bay. I think I bought off e-bay once, maybe twice, and have traded here within in this community once. My other trading experiences were not so good!

When I'm not collecting miniatures, boardgames & rpgs I'm usually collecting VHS tapes (mainly horror/ww2/weirdo junk), records, cassettes, audio equipment, Lego, & "display" weaponry ;) (axes/knives/etc.) to fill my dungeon with. :|

Aside from Warhammer minis I like to collect old video games from the 80's-90's. Lots of NES, SNES, N64, PS1, Gameboy, Atari, Virtual Boy, IBM PC, Sega and so on. Most anything old and computer/game related. I have a slowly growing collection of AD&D 2nd edition books with a focus on Planescape. I collect a lot of vinyl records. Most of my favorite music is from the 70's to early 90's so it's fun to look for things I like. And I play friday night magic just about every week and have been playing for about 8 years so I have quite a few Magic cards too.

My friends think I'm a bit odd. :lol:
But most of them like this kind of stuff too, so it's cool.

So what do I hoard ? Beside vintage warhamer I collect old Minifugs from the 60-70 and all kinds of old school magazines and figures.
Another favourite are old rule books and gaming magazines and board games. Simply put everything from childhood days.

smiler

I don't know whether it counts as a collection but I do own a lot of video game consoles. I've currently got a megadrive, mega CD, Saturn, dreamcast (i like Sega :razz:), snes, Wii, ps1, ps2, ps3, psp, ps vita (Sony too), Xbox 360 and a whole bunch of the different gameboys including two of the original brick-like ones with custom backlights.

I'm not too fussed about the condition, it's all about being able to play games on the hardware they were created for, even if it is a pain in the arse sometimes lol.

Skyrak

Vintage video game collecting was my previous hobby, however i realised just how associated my OCD was with keeping and collecting really mint condition games so i finally came to the realisation that i needed to sell most of my collection. I probably should have noticed this a lot sooner when i owned 4 copies of one game all sealed XD and i had a lot of bits like that, even sealed game guides which i think i had 3 large boxes of at one time, thankfully now down to half a box.

Someone in a previous post mentioned old dungeons and dragons and i have picked up a few of the old school 1st/2nd edition bits as i remember them well from when i was young and there is something about the old artwork in them that really grabs me.

Ive also recently started picking up boardgames all of which are dungeon crawlers i.e ravenloft / wrath of ashardalon / legend of drizzt / dungeon (wife is so good at dungeon she absolutely thrashes me at it!) I was out hunting for dungeonquest the other day after i belatedly realised it was the old 80s GW game only to find that its now gone out of print with fantasy flight games :(

ive really got back in collecting choose your own adventure gamebooks such as fighting fantasy, lone wolf and ive just received the first two books of the "way of the tiger" (if anyone remembers those) which outside of fighting fantasy were my favorite adventure books of the day.

Sir Geoff

I'm a huge Lego fan, which is quite frankly getting too far out of hand. I also used to collect comic books, but nowadays view them more on my tablet. I have also amassed a large Corgi Aviation Archive collection, although I've been forced to get rid of a lot due to space constraints.

Here's my collection of Decepticons, I have a set of Chinese bootlegged Constructicons as well.
Decepticons_zps80421bde.jpg

Seekers1_zps0919ed73.jpg

Seekers2_zps5b7dd968-1.jpg

Soundwave_zps5a0000f3.jpg

Rumble20and20Frenzy_zps0ef6da7d.jpg

Back