What else do you collect?

What happened to Megatron's cock?!!! He's been neutered!

Seriously though, he's a cool looking rendition of him. Who made him?

My son has been watching the old Transformer's, and the other day he told me that Soundwave shoots out these "block's" that change into small Transformer's. Gee I felt old having to explain to him what a cassette tape was ;)

As far as my collection goes, I pretty much stopped a couple of years back when I realised that I would never be able to finish painting the minis I already had.....in one life time.

This may sound a bit esoteric/bohemian, but I try and collect experiences now instead of objects. I've got enough stuff to last me into retirement, so I better just do stuff now instead of collect.

Ha, I know!

He's a Japanese Revoltech figure. I'd love to have the original Megatron or a reissue but as far as I'm aware you need a replica gun license to have him here in Australia :!:
He has an alternate head and hands too, he is a tad small though- especially compared to the original Optimus Prime.

I get where you are coming from, there are still some Autobots I'd like to pickup but a huge chunk of the Star Wars stuff I bought I couldn't care less about and is in storage...just a pain really, I don't know why I bought it now.

This Wheeljack is pretty cool
Wheeljack_zpsafd9322f.jpg

Tubehead

I used to have piles of transformers, thundercats, and star wars toys when I was a kid but I donated them all to the Salvation Army when I was 16 and never had any regrets. Although they were part of my childhood they seem to have totally failed to make any lasting impression on me.
But for many years up until a few years ago I rabidly collected all sorts of Showa era Ultraman and Godzilla toys and Go Nagai super robots (since growing up in Atlanta we had loads and loads of Japanese animation shows on the air back in the 80's, for whatever reason...).
However, after coming to this country ten years ago, my Japanese friends took me to meet loads of suit actors and tokusatsu stars (Hayata and others from Ultraman '66, Ultraman Leo Manatsu Ryo, Ultraseven actors for Moroboshi Dan and Anne Yuri, Jiro from Kikaider, numerous Godzilla suit actors, the director of Neon Genesis Evangelion, etc. etc.) And although I had spent years watching all those shows before I came here and used to dream about meeting these people, I just got extremely burned out on the whole thing. Going to these events just to meet more egotistical globalist actors really began to feel increasingly frivolous each time they took me to one of these meet and greets.
I'd also already had enough of that scene from SF conventions in the west, which my wife liked but I had long ago grown out of. I simply prefer the peace and quiet of my own home to crowds and noise.
I also realised that foreigners (by which I mean non-Japanese) think Goji, Ultraman, and Kamen Rider are aimed at the Star Trek sort of age group ...but in Japan it is seen as something squarely aimed at toddlers and autistic nerds. (I'm not just being snotty here; I've been introduced to numerous autistic adults in Japan and all the ones I've met are hardcore super sentai fans...)
In the end I sold my giant collection of vinyl toys and used the money to (voluntarily) buy my wife some jewelry.
So the only things I collect now are books about Edgar Cayce and Oldhammer figures.
My lovely wife collects Cardcaptor Sakura merchandise. She's got figures, keychains, posters, simply piles of the stuff all over the house. :)
Anyway I can't sit here yacking, I have things to do...

Outside of Oldhammer ( and new hammer which I have more than I would like to admit in piles and boxes ready to be tackled over years ) I mostly collect vintage cult horror on vhs laserdic dvd and br. Also marvel comics from around the late 60s up till around 1992 ( just before the crap 90s of comics hit it was not all of the 90s just when the big artists all left to form Image ). From time to time I add to my fantasy and horror reading library as well which is growing each month.

Back