Hurry, life force is fading, team!

zedmeister

I loved this when it was on telly. One of the best kids shows and next to that, Crystal Maze. I especially liked Sylvester Hands (one of the best characters of the show)! I recently re-watched it all on youtube and the familiar sites and scenes of the corridor of blades, the dreadnought, Lord Fear and Smirkanoff brought back a wave of joy!

Thantsants

Yeah missed that CITV program - but not Pat Sharp's hair!

Hadn't heard the GW connection with the Crystal MAze before though.

The Adventure Game was before my time - love the Asteroids and Space Invaders intro - is that Armalyte (the forward scroller) they're playing as well?

Zedmeister - definitely remember the corridor of blades, but it was the Goblin horn that signalled hordes (well one or two) of Goblins were attacking that was my favourite.

Thantsants

Cheers for the link John - some interesting stuff in that article.

I like the story about the teams losing enthusiasm because of the long and drawn out filming process!

Right off to waste the rest of the day watching Knightmare on youtube! :mrgreen:

bug16

Thantsants":l6gshrua said:
The Adventure Game was before my time - love the Asteroids and Space Invaders intro - is that Armalyte (the forward scroller) they're playing as well?

I can't remember. The rest of the games are all BBC Micro versions of arcade games released by Micro Power back in the day.

Zhu Bajie

the Aronoids bit is the Acornsoft clone of Defender, called "Planetoid".

Right, I'm off down the Dogran hole...

bug16

I was a bit confused.. all of the games are BBC Micro games made by Acornsoft not Micro Power. Doh!

I still have a penchant to respond with "truth accepted" when people say stuff I agree with in conversations.

Makes me seem enigmatic and cool, and not at all geeky or adenoidal in any way.

Back