Suggestions for Grav Von Bek & Oswald Bastable?

axiom

Hi all, I'm starting to look for figures to represent some of the Eternal Champion characters that Citadel didn't produce when they had the licence from Moorcock.

Specifically I'm initially looking for Grav Von Bek and Oswald Bastable:

Grav Ulrich Von Bek is a Germanic lord, I'm guessing from the 1600s, wears some plate armour (at least a helmet and breastplate), boots, a sword and carries at least one pistol.

Oswald Bastable is a British army captain who darts around the 1930s and 1940s, often travelling by airship. I'm guessing he might be in some sort of pulpy uniform, with a pistol, perhaps with a flying coat / goggles.

If anyone has any suggestions, especially if they are from other Citadel ranges, please feel free to point me in the right direction!

Cheers :)

Aiteal

Von Bek is my favourite Moorcock series :)
I've always pictured him like a Cuirasser myself so perhaps October's foundry giveaway model might fit?
He's a nice little mini, scales well with older citadel releases, not too dynamic a pose, but Ive always thought of Von Bek as little less 'action' than Moorcock's other eternal champion incarnations.
Although he is pretty much top-to-toe armoured and not really a 30 years war style mini.
TAG do 30 years war minis, as do warlord games I believe

or maybe you would be willing to go for a much earlier (historically speaking) style mini, maybe something from the re-released graven images border reivers range?
they have plenty of cheap packs that include a leader figure who is invariably in big riding boots, with a breastplate and sword/pistol combo
http://www.cranntaraminiatures.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=66
BR002.jpg

copplestone do pulp 30's style minis, but nothing that would fit for someone in the sort of full dress uniform I picture Bastable in, but you might see something you like

Mister Rab

I like the faces and stance of those. Any idea who the sculptor was, and if they made any medieval figures I could sneak into an oldhammer Bret army or a dungeon adventure party?

axiom

Nice suggestions - I like the Auld Wat figure - pretty much fits what I was thinking of (although he'd need a more Warhammer-y sword!).

Back