Ugliest Old-School Citadel Mini?

Naagruz

So what's the ugliest Citadel mini you own? There are certainly some legendary works that only a mother could love, but what rates highest on your ugly-o-meter?
My personal favorite is one of Trish Morrison's C24 Troglodytes:

Gonna be a beast to paint this into presentability. :grin:

Attachments

• Trog.JPG
    Trog.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 4,175

Chico

Mines the man/women/elf/troll/thing that rides a Unicorn

c9423marmm83elfunicorn-01.jpg

Naagruz

What's your beef with that one Steve? The knobby massage bumps on the shield are odd, but it doesn't seem worse than a few others that come to mind.
With the YMCA pose, it could have been a Marauder release! :lol:

Naagruz":1tm29nxy said:
What's your beef with that one Steve? The knobby massage bumps on the shield are odd, but it doesn't seem worse than a few others that come to mind.
With the YMCA pose, it could have been a Marauder release! :lol:

Other than the fact its a pretty rubbish looking figure and pose, would anyone in their wildest dreams picture Aragorn looking like this at the Black Gate? :lol:

Naagruz

Citadel Collector":213i2mqk said:
Other than the fact its a pretty rubbish looking figure and pose, would anyone in their wildest dreams picture Aragorn looking like this at the Black Gate? :lol:
Are you sure this isn't a sculpt representing the "Yay we won!" at the afterparty? :grin:

Asslessman

There must be others but the firts tha come to mind are the chaos renegades heavy weaopns. God knows how I love chaos and especially when it comes from both Realms of chaos and Rogus trader. I also really love the Perry's work but I have to say these heavy weapon look really bad to me. I had a fistful of them and got rid of all. Multi melat would be the least horrible but otherwise, none of them will find a place in my army.

c2109chaosrenegadeheavie-01.jpg

Seriously, the plastic ones are absolutely great but these seems to have been scratch built in a hurry with no intention at all to make them look good. There was a time when I had no choice and had to use them but now, even if I tend to be far more hardcore about oldhammerism, I'll defintely switch to anything else than these (be it recent plastic parts).

Oh and btw, great thread idea. That is so Malal/Zuvassin to have a place on the oldhammer forum to talk about what oldschool models we don't like... :grin: (or perhaps it's about being honest with ourselves and not falling into blind fandom)

Asslessman

Blue in VT":383vlvp1 said:
For shame Asslessman...All the chaos Renegades are excellent!

Cheers,

Blue

They are, but GAWD what were they thinking? I hope it's because they were drunk th enight before or because they had to make them to fill a mould in a very short notice. The Perrys can easily be forgiven considering the amount of golden models they've produce though :grin:

Asslessman

The renegades are great, they're just like the rest of the others. The weapon on another hand look like made in a rush with silly shapes (juts my opinion). I have several heavy weaopn carriers and I like them a lot, but only when I give them some of the plastic heavy weapons or more recent weapons.

Chico

I quite like the Heavy Weapons, The missile launcher is great and the Plasma paints up really well. It has reminded me i need to sort out my renegade spares though heh

Asslessman

Chico":1hja9b8i said:
I quite like the Heavy Weapons, The missile launcher is great and the Plasma paints up really well.
Funny how it's all a matter of taste ;) I do like the elf mage on unicorn myself. And nobody has raised the Olley case yet !

Chico":1hja9b8i said:
It has reminded me i need to sort out my renegade spares though heh
If you do have some spare renegades, I'd be highly interested and just a PM away :grin:

Zhu Bajie

lol! That rocket launcher is ridiculous, never understood that one.

Aragorn the King - I painted that one up as a statue, rather than an actual person! Quite Blanchesque design tho.

1118css1c.jpg

Row 3 - Col 3 - Drakar Deathbringer and the Chainmail Disco Pantaloons of Doom! What's he got on his head? a bell with horns on? and his weapon, some kind of hand whisk. and the shoulder collar? Horrible

Asslessman

Zhu Bajie":2iuoh972 said:
Row 3 - Col 3 - Drakar Deathbringer and the Chainmail Disco Pantaloons of Doom! What's he got on his head? a bell with horns on? and his weapon, some kind of hand whisk. and the shoulder collar? Horrible
That's a nasty one too ! :lol:
Another thing is when you get weapons (often axes) facing the wrong way, It can ruin pretty decent miniatures sometimes.

My knowledge of the early fantasy range is limited, but for 40K I put forth this cyboar :razz:

Attachments

• c2068orkcyboarz-00.jpg
    c2068orkcyboarz-00.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 2,793

phreedh

Nick Lund, gentlemen. He's the man you want in this discussion.

Three nice examples:
CF4 Illusionist. Nice cloth. Good idea about hiding his face.
510px-CF4.jpg

CB3 Statue with flying turd.
321px-CB3.jpg

CT1 HAHAHag!
383px-CT1.jpg

CF30 Female ranger. Great chainmail, stumpy-legs!
424px-CF30.jpg

Asslessman

oO Phreedh, you're definitely raising the bar high on thi sone (or should I say low)...

I know some will scream about the next one but it's one I never understood, mr 14 from the grim brothers. Sorry but the spike on the helmet is silly and the pose is absolutely impossible. Just take the pose and dare tell me you'd think about doing this on front of your opponents... I know the casting issues made the sculptors to "flatten" their sculpts but most were able to cheat with this (Kev is a greta sculptor and he avoided this on all the others so why not on this one :? ) Anyway, just a matter of taste again...

0504orcs-01.jpg

Back