Ugliest Old-School Citadel Mini?

Chico

Sorry even though I admire Bob Olley, his Iron Claw Squats and Gothic Dwarfs are terrible. I resently done a trade with CC he asked me what Squats i was after.. my reply was simple '' No Bob Olley ones'' heh but having said that his Hybrids are stunning and his later Scrunts look great :)

Erny

It is an age thing. Chico is very young, as his tastes mature he will learn to appreciate the complexities and subtleties of a good Bob Olley sculpt.

Asslessman

Erny":3tavztwy said:
It is an age thing. Chico is very young, as his tastes mature he will learn to appreciate the complexities and subtleties of a good Bob Olley sculpt.

Brilliant :lol:
I have to admit though the age to feel the Bob Olley effect must be between around 30 and 32 because I'm a late Olley enthusiast.
For those who are not collectors only, the painting pleasure has got to be taken into account.

Not oldschool but silly too this one :

60152_md-Empire,%20Warhammer%20Fantasy,%20Warrior%20Priest%20Of%20Sigmar.JPG

Just look at the length of the arms...

I was curious about something else too, I ws looking closely at Doom below the warped and though it is a splendid model, it somehow looks a bit raw and unfinished if you look at it from below. Big traces of unsmoothed putty and tool marks which don't show when looked from a normal point of view, this has to count in the uglyness too (though the overall look is good)

axiom

I think Bob Olley is an acquired taste. Like the way you hate beer when you first drink it, but by the time you are 17, you're downing gallons of the stuff!

Personally, it took me until relatively recently to go from disliking to loving Olley figures - probably as recently as the last 4 or 5 years. Where previously I disliked the highly textural sculpting style and whacky faces, I now find them characterful, and challenging (but rewarding) to paint. So I can see both sides of the coin!

Back