Boon

Zhu Bajie

"Hi Ho Silver!"

Does anyone remember the 80's TV series Boon, starring Michael Elphick?

Specifically does anyone remember episode "Peacemaker" which was about the trials and tribulations of a Heavy Metal fan. I seem to remember him listening to "Blood of the Blood God" in his car, and thinking it was weird that they chose a White Dwarf flexi-disc as the soundtrack. Possibly I'm totally mistaken, but if anyone has Series 4 of Boon on DVD could they check and put me out of my misery? ;)

Erny

No idea about the episode but this was required viewing in my house, whole family sat infront of the box like some twee version of the Royal family.

Thantsants

Airwolf - check
Streethawk - check
A Team - check
Nightrider - check
Fragglerock - check
Even All Star Wrestling - check

Never heard of Boon though I'm afraid!

Zhu Bajie

Ah Thantsants, Boon was more like a more lightweight version of Minder. It launched the career of Neil "Men Behaving Badly" / "Bob the Builder" Morrissey, and the theme tune was in the top 10 of the pop charts for weeks.

Erny, that sounds a treat. I think me mum had a thing for Elphick.

By the power of Google I discovered that in series 4, the production company moved the filming location to Nottingham... (which is of course where both Sabbat and WD were based at the time) and according to Wikipedia, the episode was broadcast on 20 December 1988, and WD95 with the flexidisc was released in November 1987 so that's adequate time for production schedules to make it a distinct possibility.

...the porridge thickens.

Thantsants

Yeah - checked out a Youtube video of it and was suprised to see Mr Morrissey there.

I think my age at the time predisposed me more towards talking cars and Mr T shouting at Murdoch! :grin:

Back