How would you use a gaint snake in 3rd ed.?

Martin

I have just started painting the old Grenadier Giant Snake. It’s to be used in a scenario I will GM in early October. I had this clear idea about giant snakes in the 3rd ed. rule book, but much to my surprise, it turned out to be a figment of imagination! There’s no giant snake in the bestiary – at least I didn’t find one. So, my question to you all would be what a 3rd ed. stat line for a sort of generic giant snake would look like? Should it have a poison bite, a strangle attack like a python? Let me hear your great ideas.

Cheers

Erny

You could use the giant leech rules, if they hit they cause extra wounds on subsequent turns unless removed by force, instead of sucking blood however the snake is constricting. I think they also get to drop down on characters, are scared of fire but cause fear in anything under 10', very giant snake like. I think they are only 6 points with very low WS and Initiative. You could always boost these, even stick in a 6+ armour save for scales.

Martin

Thanks. Good idea to use the leech as a template. And thanks for the link the the Monster Monual - very useful.

Constrictor and poisonous should probably be two different types. Concerning the size I have confrontations like this in mind, although this may be a bit too large.
zfa542.jpg

However, it certainly should feel like a monster in the same way that the giant spider feels huge and fear-inspiring.

Erny

If you want it to be more of a monster you should probably just give it more wounds too otherwise it just isn't going to be survivable enough.

I realise I'm a bit late in replying to this one, but I hope it proves helpful to any concerned.

I would take the Giant Snake profile from Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay and reverse engineer the stat line using the conversion tool on page 213.

The end result would be:

MWSBSSTWIALdIntClWPPV
Giant Snake33333561668878

The attack is a Bite attack.

Back