Universal Battle

Alastar13

www.universalbattle.com is a tabletop simulation website that allows you to choose from a selection of armies. The figures might not be spectacular, but they do a decent job of representing what army you're playing. I have played a few games on it, but still haven't found any Oldhammer players on there. I was just wondering if you were all aware of this option. It's free, or you can pay for extra options. It costs I believe $20-$30 in order to set up a pro account, and once you have it, it's there for life. No monthly fee

Mister Rab

I think the lack of interest is probably more to do with the medium. For me and most other oldhammerers that I know, the enjoyment of gaming is inextricably bound up with the physical aesthetic of actual figures on actual terrain and the camaraderie of being in the same room and sharing a drink or a meal with the other players. The game itself is only part of it which is why virtual tabletops don't appeal to me.

However...

I know there are distance gaming projects which have worked out and been enjoyed by the participants, so I hope you find someone to game with :)

MagpieJono

I agree with Rab. The thing that makes our hobby most appealing to me is pushing some of the little men I paint around a table or a board. Wouldn't feel the same on a computer I don't think. Sorry.

wolfden76

I would give it a go mate.

Even though I agree with the others face to face is good but sometimes when distance and such is a problem these can really help.

Back