Roll20 Blood Bowl second edition

The place to discuss your games in progress with remote adversary

Moderator: Moderators

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:30 pm

Re: Roll20 Blood Bowl second edition

DaImp wrote:What I am looking for now is top down photos of all the miniatures that can be converted into tokens. If you can help with these that would be brilliant.

You know, for uniformity we should recolour them so we have one team of every possible race in red and one team of every possible race in blue. As you said previously, we only need one orc, one human, one ogre, one minotaur etc. with position being shown by the base ring's colour.

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:02 pm

Yeah, I definitely think there should be a "Home" and "Away" colour scheme for each race. It won't be a big deal to create them once we have top down imagery of each team. One of my reasons for thinking we use the classic star teams is that they all have their own colour schemes which could be matched. I have the base rings set up so it all about creating those top down images. There are a couple of line drawings of the miniatures from the top down in the rulebook but not nearly enough to work for all the teams unfortunately.

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:08 pm

The original Blood Bowl PC game had top down sprites that we could use. I have the game but need a way to open the .WAD files to get to the graphics. Or I could always just screen grab each team and clean them up as option 2.

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:25 pm

If someone wants to send me top down photos of minis I'd be happy to convert them into tokens to use for this with a recolored version for each. No problems tough we may just start with a few teams to begin with. These would obviously be just for your own personal use in games you play or host.

Where do big guys sit on the grid? I think they should snap to occupy four squares if you make them big enough but you may want to try.

This has got me thinking about other classic board games like talisman.

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:33 pm

Big guys cover four squares.

The beauty of 2nd edition is mixed race teams. Yay elf catcher with chainsaw, yay! Hence my wish to not cover any official teams. It's much more fun to build your own.

Erny wrote:If someone wants to send me top down photos of minis I'd be happy to convert them into tokens to use for this with a recolored version for each. No problems tough we may just start with a few teams to begin with. These would obviously be just for your own personal use in games you play or host.

Where do big guys sit on the grid? I think they should snap to occupy four squares if you make them big enough but you may want to try.

This has got me thinking about other classic board games like talisman.

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:47 pm

I agree there are some crazy rules in the Star Player book that we may as well have a go at :)
I think there are only 8 races (or there abouts) in 2nd edition. Certainly not as many teams as in 3rd edition.

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:56 pm

DaImp wrote:I agree there are some crazy rules in the Star Player book that we may as well have a go at :)
I think there are only 8 races (or there abouts) in 2nd edition. Certainly not as many teams as in 3rd edition.
What?!

Human, Orc, Goblin, Snotling, Ogre, Minotaur, Troll, Treeman, Elf, Dark Elf, Skaven, Skeleton, Mummy, Zombie, Werewolf, Norse, Dwarf, Chaos Dwarf, Chaos Human. Those are just off the top of my head. I suppose it all depends on how you define "race". =)

I'm in a very busy period right now, working both with clients and with my own company full time, my family schedule is crammed AND my dad is in the hospital again since yesterday so I'm a bit pressed for time to set up this right now.

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:28 pm

Well the main rule book has Human, Orc, Dark Elf, Halflings, Dwarfs, Skaven, Elves, Skeletons and Goblins. So thats the 8 (actually 9) teams I was thinking about.

The Star Player book added the Slaan, Norse, Werewolf and Chaos Human teams. So that's a total of 13 then. I am not thinking about the different players that can be added to those teams - like the Treemen, Ogres, Minotaurs, Mummies etc... :)

I forgot Chaos Dwarves... and of course you can make a team of Ogres too... so that's now 15 teams... :lol:

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:08 pm

I have created Human and Orc tokens from the plastics that came from the box set. So we now have a playable game. If anyone wants to give it a go let me know :)

I see Chris G. has signed up.

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:34 pm

That would be me, shhh... I'm Erny, who is this Chris G chap..
PreviousNext

Return to Remote Gaming