D&D ADVENTURE! Chase to the Crystal City

The place to discuss your games in progress with remote adversary

Moderator: Moderators

Post Mon May 12, 2014 12:43 pm

Re: D&D ADVENTURE! Chase to the Crystal City

Herbert shoved Bufo forwards, the little knife a keen prick between the halfling's shoulders. The thief stumbled towards the door, which was still hanging loose from where he had entered. Robin was on the other side of that door..

Bufo opened the door and stepped out onto the walkway that linked each carriage to the one behind it.

"Steady now thief," growled Herbert, "If ye fall, it's a cold and lonesome death for ye, if the wheels don't get you that is!"

Bufo gulped, steadying himself against the rocking motion of the train. Where was Robin? The halfling tried to look about without making it obvious. Out of the corner of his eye he thought he caught a glimpse of the ranger's shoe poking out from behind the open door that was flapping about behind them now.

"What are you waiting for?" barked Herbert, shoving the halfling again, nearly making him fall down past the couplings to a certain, eventual death. Bufo gulped and shuffled forwards, stepping into the next carriage...

Back in their carriage at the rear of the train, the companions dozed. Yngwie strummed at his instrument, staring pointedly at Rambulge, who still hadn't answered his question. "I say, Sir Rambulge... are you alright? You zoned out on me there for a bit!"

Spoiler: QUEST NOTES
To save CvB backtracking too much, here is the question that Yngwie posed to you:

Yngwie strummed his guitar in a quiet tune whilst looking thoughtfully at Rambulge. "You're a magic user, but you don't need to memorise your spells like a normal mage, do you Sir Rambulge? I've never come across that talent before, except perhaps..." The elf paused. "Have you ever heard of clan Kilmister, of the Barren Lands, from the doomed world of Mylanta...?"

Robin's attempts to hide in shadows was aided by the door swinging open to hide him. He now has a good vantage point behind the guard.

Everyone else is apparently asleep or resting!

Post Tue May 13, 2014 12:01 pm

Rambulge shot Yngwie a quizzical look as the mention of the name made his hair stand up.

"I remember my Uncle speaking of them before he died, I was still a boy then" the spell sword said..."aand my Mother has a tea towel with their coat of arms in her vanity chest..." he added.

Rambulge felt a bit strange, he was sure he was staring too long and that his expression had gone from quizzical to confused.
R.I.P. Dave Brockie, AKA Oderus Urungus

My blog http://leadoralivebruno.blogspot.com.au/2014/06/enter-bruno.html

Post Thu May 15, 2014 12:42 pm

Half sleeping, Seu was awakened from his dreams of young maidens and flowers by the sound of doors opening nearby "You hear that? I would have bet this is Bufo brought back by Robin because he tried to rob something or someone...if betting had been my thing...which is not."

Lying on the floor, Bari was spooning his own travel bag with somehow suggestive hip movements his snorring interrupted by vague words like "hoooo, baby, I can't wait much longeeeeeeeer, I need Se...."

Post Thu May 15, 2014 10:59 pm

"Shall we go and investigate?"
 Spoiler: spells
1st Level

Audible Glamour
Change Self
Phantasmal Force
Spook
Ventriloquism

2nd Level:

Deafness
Invisibility
Mirror Image

3rd Level

Illusionary Script
Invisibility sphere
Wraithform

Post Sun May 18, 2014 2:14 pm

The train lurched, almost sending Bufo to the floor. He had been marched at knife-point through several carriages, and try as he might, he couldn't tell over the sound of the great machine if Robin was following or not - it was impossible to hear anything but the angry grunts from his captor and the sound of his own heart pounding in terror. Finally, they entered a carriage that looked like pretty much every other, but Herbert ordered him to stop.

"Can we just take a moment to discuss all this...?" Bufo asked, hopefully. He turned to face the guard. He was answered with a smack across the face that sent him reeling backwards. He fell, his head cracking against the floor of the carriage. Black spots swam in his vision - he tried to blink them clear, but it didn't work. "Never mind", he thought to himself, "I don't want to see the next bit anyway...".

Standing over him, Herbert began unbuckling his belt.

Spoiler: DM's NOTES
please, in the name of decency, someone please rescue Bufo :)

Post Sun May 18, 2014 3:38 pm

"I'm coming with you Eggbert, I sure don't want to miss the look on Bufo's face with him pulled back by the ear by Robin" Said the paladin cheerfully.
Sheathing his new sword in place, he put his index to his lips to ask for silence; "let's make them a little surprise". The paladin had that childish look on his face that could have made everyone smile if they had cared just an ounce...

Post Sun May 18, 2014 10:31 pm

"Good, thats settled, lets go and see our friends". Eggbert sets off towards the front of the train as fast as his litte legs can carry him.

Post Tue May 20, 2014 1:30 am

Yngwie chuckled at the Paladin and the gnome, who were sneaking off like children playing jackanapes. The elf turned back to Rambulge. "What did your uncle tell you about Clan Kilmister? And does your father still live?"

Post Tue May 20, 2014 2:11 pm

"I never knew my father" Rambulge said, a hint of sorrow in his voice.
"My mother's people were driven from their homeland, and my uncle was a young warrior at the time. They passed through the Barren lands in their exile, and my uncle told me of the wyrd Clan Kilmister coming to their aid as they were beset by creatures of darkness"
Rambulge's voice trembled as he imagined the scene.
"My mother and uncle were of the few survivors-mother disapproved of uncle Philbert telling me of those days and she wouldn't tell me of my father except that he was a good and simple man"

Seeing the others head off, he added "perhaps we should accompany our fellows? they may need us..."
R.I.P. Dave Brockie, AKA Oderus Urungus

My blog http://leadoralivebruno.blogspot.com.au/2014/06/enter-bruno.html

Post Tue May 20, 2014 3:09 pm

Seu was happy to see his companion were willing to play a little with their halfling friend. The paladin had learnt that laughter and little games could create bonds as solid as those forged in battle...

"Come on Bari ! Get up! I'm sure they're not expecting us !"

Bari's only reply was "Umph", he realised the Paladin would not leave him alone so he got up, leaving his pants aside to let his private parts to cool down a bit more... Bari walked to the wall next to Seu and leaned on it with no real expactation.
Watching Eggbert in front of him and how his size maade him just tall enough to... well, he suddenly thought about Jordann : "Hey sister! did you design gnome ladies ... what a sweeeeet attention !"
PreviousNext

Return to Remote Gaming