Quest for the Abbot's Cheese : facts and fiction

Asslessman

No problem, I really get it and I wouldn't want anybody to play a character of mine. I really like how th echaracters are played how they are (and let's face it they are good because they reflect their player ;). Let's make it quick to get in the open air again for some adventures then :grin:

weazil

Asslessman":mj7ro4j1 said:
I have thought about something that might be fun when (and if) the band joins again and that we are back on tracks enough for our new mage to feel comfy, maybe we could swap characters for some little time. It may not be to everybody's taste so I would understand if some don't fancy the idea but it's something I've done in the past and which was particularly funny so here it is. Just the idea.

I suspect this is the time when we'd discover Seu was in fact a crack fiend and Robin was, in fact, a woman...

Still, I'd be happy to take any of the characters out for a spin :)

Asslessman

I have to confess, though I launched the idea, I think it would have been premature, the characters have to have been played a lot befoore doing that, for now, I have to say I'm enjoying a lot discovering our new mage, God, I had a laugh at Peregrin Mason and all that chandelier thing :grin:

Okay chaps, our enigmatic new elf friend has a guitar in his case, but we haven't seen it yet... and i'm wondering, what does it look like?

So show me what you think it looks like! Post a photo, draw a scribble, whatever. Bear in mind that whatever we go for, I need to make for the miniature i finally found buried under 13 layers of assorted plasticard cuttings, sawdust, putty leavings and lead deposits. Dazzle me! :grin:

Asslessman

I could probably blacken whole pages of this thread about the guitars but let's not do that.

Although Yngwie's name is a reference to a certain shredder, let's stop the reference here shall we?

We could pick from John Petrucci's Ibanez signature before he commited with Music man :

Ibanez%20JPM%20P1%200015(1).jpg

But its is highly impossible to paint (PIcasso drawings) and the red and green one is really ugly) a freind of mine has the far right one and I have to say it does look good in real.

We could also pick from Dimebag Darrel's guitars :

Dimebag-guitars.jpg

This would be a nice hommage but I feel Yngwie is far more peaceful than Darrel...

Maybe the best embodiment of Yngwie and his guitar could be Steve Vai and his EVO (notice the handle to go in fights) :

Steve-Vai-Larry-DiMarzio-22.jpg

and let's not use this version of it :

Steve_Vai__GUITAR.268202029_std.jpg

Maybe a simple Gibson flying V could do the trick too :

V2group2.JPG

Anyway, I think my favorite is STeve Vai because it's a reference to a good guitar and good guitarist, plus it's an easy one to paint and model. That and I think I still have one I made in P-card somewhere I could send you along some other goodness in an hypothetical package I could send to Australia ...

I knew I could count on you JB :grin:

Asslessman":25ak79gl said:
Anyway, I think my favorite is STeve Vai because it's a reference to a good guitar and good guitarist, plus it's an easy one to paint and model. That and I think I still have one I made in P-card somewhere I could send you along some other goodness in an hypothetical package I could send to Australia ...

I must admit, at first i was all set on a Dimebag style instrument simply because the shape is so dynamic, however... your reasoning behind picking the EVO has seriously swung my opinion. Plus if you already have one made.........

Does anyone else have some input into this before i make my final choice? :grin:

Asslessman

Whatever the choice, I'm picking some Pcard to make an EVO this WE (the wife will want me to watch "the voice" with her to tell her if people sing right so I better get something to work in the meantime), I'll put it in the post with some other stuff for you Aussies and you can decide what you keep in the end (I promise I won't be offended if you don't pick mine).
Come on, just look at Steve's face, doesn't he scream "Elf guitarist of love" to you? he was Frank Zappa's "stunt guitarist" for Christ Sake!

I was going to give my Goff Rokker's axes famous paintjobs... EVH's "Frankenstrat", Randy Rhoad's polka dot V and Dimebag's lightning/electricity washburn...then I looked at the minis again and gave up :lol:

By the way, I read an interview with Vai where they asked him what he learned from his time with Zappa and he said "how to play with feeling"
He said when he first joined Frank told him "he played like an electric ham sandwhich" :lol:

Asslessman

I forgot to mention that this whole nugget thing has reminded me that I haven't eaten any nuggets in ages ! When Rambulge's freed, I'll have a bucketful of them to celebrate (with pic). Oh and now I'm talking my wife into adding chandeliers in our new house ;)

:lol: as it happens I've recently discovered the Woolworths Select Nuggets aren't half bad, but No Frills IGA nuggets are all bad.
I'll keep that in mind- this place really is wonderful, now we discuss the finer points of generic chicken nuggets :mrgreen:

JB no! don't let it get out that Frenchmen eat crap food too :lol:

Asslessman

Count Von Bruno":2vm26dql said:
JB no! don't let it get out that Frenchmen eat crap food too :lol:
French people DO eat crap, the only thing is that they won't like it 8-) (if you understand contradiction, then you get most of french psyché)
I really don't like junkfood but I'd happily get my ass to a KFC to eat some chicken nuggets because of the role they've played recently :grin:

Asslessman

OK so now we got our cleric and wizard (and what a pair!) Do I get we need a demon-hunter too? (unless the poncy moral compass of Justice we have is bound to have a promotion?) :grin:

Asslessman

Just how on earth did I manage to forget where the nuggets took all their place :

wallpaper_tots.jpg

So many good puns and okes wasted here... DAMN !

Asslessman

Are Weazil and myslef the only ones of our little DnD group attending BOYL 2014?, I unfortunately don't expect our antipodean friends to be there any way other than by thought but maybe some of the british amongst you are coming to say hello ? Pendraigg, Weismonster? Got anything to say?

Back