Quest for the Abbot's Cheese : facts and fiction

These are all the miniatures I have gathered so far for the characters:

20140309_215305-1_zpsc417b8a5.jpg

The ranger figure is an ancient paintjob, I bought him the week he was released in the dark years of the 90's. The 'Paladin' is a stand-in, apparently I don't own a paladin figure! He's an old Reaper model. Rambulge came in a big lot of figures, painted as you see him, except for a little touch up around the face (I gave him a reddened nose coz he seems like the kind of fella who might have allergies ;) ). Bufo arrived from Ironwind the other morning, and Bari is a converted Mordheim flagellant!

Well its great to get started. D and D is something I have always like d the idea of but never really had the chance to get into. Looking forward to enjoying sword and sorcery adventures with you all. Thanks Captain Croooks for putting this on.

Asslessman":2zbwllxd said:
Really great ! I believe we're missing a gnome and an elf shredder ;)

I have the perfect elf, but two problems:
1) I need to scratchbuild his guitar, and
2) I can't find him. If my son weren't currently asleep on my matress-like belly I'd show you why I can't find him...

Asslessman

Captain Crooks":13xq8l4g said:
Asslessman":13xq8l4g said:
Really great ! I believe we're missing a gnome and an elf shredder ;)

I have the perfect elf, but two problems:
1) I need to scratchbuild his guitar, and
2) I can't find him. If my son weren't currently asleep on my matress-like belly I'd show you why I can't find him...

I think I can help you here, I once did a unit of 5 naked warseers for my eldar army and they were inspired by Steve Vai's "sex and religion"... which means I have a semi-naked elf with electric guitar (in a shredding position) somewhere...

weismonsters":3cn7pkt5 said:
Well its great to get started. D and D is something I have always like d the idea of but never really had the chance to get into. Looking forward to enjoying sword and sorcery adventures with you all. Thanks Captain Croooks for putting this on.

You're welcome! Sorry it was a bit quiet in the D&D world this weekend, my family was keeping me on my toes with their illnesses... if noone has any further actions then i'll continue to the next day and we can try and rescue Bufo and Rambulge from their little pickle...

Oh, and JB, I don't deserve your help or pity for my elf problem, for the reason I can't find him is my hobby space looks like this. ..

20140310_083619_zps35eb771f.jpg

I still want to see your naked elves though...

Asslessman

:shock:

"See honey, this guys is even worse than me !" congrats for still being alive, (my wife would just shoot me in the face :? ). Kidiiding apart I like to see other people's desk because I feel less lonely... :grin:

I'll see if I can get my hands on my shredder warseer council...

Asslessman":3pila9iw said:
:shock:

"See honey, this guys is even worse than me !" congrats for still being alive, (my wife would just shoot me in the face :? ). Kidiiding apart I like to see other people's desk because I feel less lonely... :grin:

I'll see if I can get my hands on my shredder warseer council...

This is actually a 'tidy' desk by my standards - you should have seen it after I spent 6 months preparing scratch built and kitbashed superheavy ork vehicles for a big Apocalypse game... there was a blanket of plasticard dust an inch thick over everything and the table surface was literally buried in pieces and sprues. I had 15 looted leman russ tanks piled like car bodies at a junk yard, sprinkled with deffcoptas, wartrakks, warbikes, oh my! My wife is endlessly patient, but all that stuff is hidden in the garage now just in case...

Asslessman

Well maybe if I was less a moron she would gain some patience too :? but that's another matter...

Crsytal city you say?, Yngwie? Huuuuum, I don't know how it took me so much time to see the link :

Crystal_Planet.jpg

Haha, you're unravelling my web of hard rock references and cheese metal worship... you might discover the whole plot if you dig too deep!

Count Von Bruno":wthtblx3 said:
Crooksy that's quite the painting station :lol:

On a scale of 1- 10, how excited are you to see it in person this weekend? ;)

Btw, just so you know, we WILL be doing selfies with our D&D alter-egos. That's happening!

Sorry again for the lack of game posts this weekend, i had to tidy my room coz my wife got cross. Additionally I'm rewriting the next portion of the quest as I had a change of heart/plans. In the meantime I hope you've all been studying your lawbooks ;)

Seeing that desk of yours I can't understand why ;)

As for defence, I'm going with "I thought she was a burglar" :?

(apparently that's a good excuse, right up there with "the dog ate it")

weazil

That's okay. The sun happened in the UK, so I'd imagine all of us in this part of the world haven't had much concern over your absence. Also, a late DM is better than a late DM, if you catch my drift...

Asslessman

I've been bullying all the kids in the neighbourhood to see if some had the "ae attorney" game on nintendo DS...

Apparently no, looks like Rambulge is fxxxed :oops:

Asslessman

I have thought about something that might be fun when (and if) the band joins again and that we are back on tracks enough for our new mage to feel comfy, maybe we could swap characters for some little time. It may not be to everybody's taste so I would understand if some don't fancy the idea but it's something I've done in the past and which was particularly funny so here it is. Just the idea.

Asslessman

Count Von Bruno":26ygahc7 said:
I think that's a superb idea.

I wanna be Bari :lol:
You want to get laid and that's normal :grin: ,
I was thinking about a random attribution (with Bufo and possibly Yngwie implied too) but that's up to Cp't'n "Top bloke" Crooks...

Back