Hi Oldhammerers

This is a forum for all new members. Please post an introduction and tell us about yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:15 pm

Hi Oldhammerers

Hi all,
I am so pleased to have (belatedly) found this forum and the community which you are all a part of - I had no idea that you existed and that I was a lonely remnant of a bygone age. I recently found the RealmofChaos80's forum and from there a whole world of oldhammer love, which is perfect for me and my rekindled love of the hobby.

I've been in and out of love with the hobby (actually mostly in - I just didn't always have time for it woth kids etc) for more than 25 years, growing up with the golden age of GW. I started off collecting and painting a huge Orc army, which I sold quite a few years back (I've never forgiven myself for selling all of my models), and this is the only remant, a Marauder Orc stonethrower captain:

Nice paintjob!

Then a Brettonian army and lots and lots of Chaos - again all ebayed off :(

About 15 years ago my interest was piqued and I collected and converted a Nurgle troll army that I entered into tourneys in the States, where I was living at the time and then followed by my last achievement, a fully converted Orc Army (back to my first love).You can see more at photobucket under Bane_024 if you're interested.

But I had no love for the tourney scene, I brought my favourite models and as many as possible to create my army, which had me playing at the bottom tables. So now I'm older and less competitive I just browse ebay and buy the occassional model (I suppose I should be grateful that I've been outbid on so many) and indulge my passion for re-collecting my favourite old models that I sold off all those years ago and using what hobby time I have creating Chaos warbands and delving into the Realms of Chaos, which is some of my favourite ever stuff:

Hopefully I've found somewhere to share my work and enthusiasm with others and to beinspired by other collectors/painters addiction to old lead. I'll start a thread for my current work soon.

Oh and I've already pencilled in the Oldhammer weekend, sounds like a great event, just need to get it past the wife now....

Grand Buffoon of the Highest Order

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:41 pm

Re: Hi Oldhammerers

Welvome Bane - just checking but are you the super villain from Batman? If you are we'll be very polite - promise :)

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:54 pm

Welcome to forum, glad you found us at last.

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:22 pm

Just John wrote:Welvome Bane - just checking but are you the super villain from Batman? If you are we'll be very polite - promise :)

Why would you doubt it? Everyone needs to have a hobby in their down time.

Post Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:19 am

Welcome to the forum!

Post Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:25 am

BAAAAAAANE!!!!

Welcome to the forum :P
R.I.P. Dave Brockie, AKA Oderus Urungus

My blog http://leadoralivebruno.blogspot.com.au/2014/06/enter-bruno.html

Post Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:43 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome all.

Two things, one I've just created my first post in the showroom! (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2063) and secondly, is there any love for oldhammer in the North Hampshire area?

Cheers!

Post Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:52 pm

Hi Bane

Just came across your intro, I see you're asking about North Hampshire. I see you've spent some time in the states, but I'll assume you mean the original Hampshire in England?

If so, you have some neighbours down towards the coast - I'm based in the New Forest and there are two others down in Portsmouth area. Also, Justin (of http://themasterworkguild.blogspot.co.uk/) is based up in Guildford (I think), so not a million miles away.

Also, sometimes, a few Oldhammerer's get together in Abingdon (near Newbury), so just north of Hampshire, really. See this post for more details. Grumdril is the resident in the area and typically organises our get-togethers.

Ah, what the hell. I just created the H.O.G.S group. You can register your interest there.

Anyway, welcome aboard. Good to have you along!
Regards,
Gaj

Always interested in contacting any gamers interested in Warhammer Fantasy 3rd Edition!
Also interested in any old 80's Citadel figures you may want to get rid of.

http://warhammerforadults.blogspot.com

Post Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:07 am

Cheers weazil, thanks for the welcome and heads up. I'm in the original, UK Hampshire (although when I lived in the states I was only a few miles south of New Hampshire).

I'd love to find some like minded oldhammerers, at the moment my hobby is a lonely one, snatching painting time when the kids are in bed and the wife's watching some reality tv (or away with work). I haven't played warhammer or blood bowl for years and would love to play these or warbands at 3rd edition. Or even any of the dungeon board games...

Post Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:16 am

Hi, share the North Hampshire geography as in Andover. If you're further over I could put you in touch with someone who holds a club in Basingrad.
- from now on the jackals would be wary.

ImageImageImageImage
Next

Return to Introductions