Hi from Japan :)

This is a forum for all new members. Please post an introduction and tell us about yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

Post Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:12 am

Hi from Japan :)

Hi Oldhammerers :)

I look forward to contributing to this forum with lots of pictures of Oldhammer minis form the 80's and 90's. I first discovered miniatures back in the days of HeroQuest and the rest is history as they say.

After receiving my Warhammer 3rd. ed. rule book for my birthday, I was instantly hooked on the photos of painted armies on the tabletop. Sadly, I never really got to play the game as we only had one LGS that carried a small selection of product and I didn't have the money to buy an army etc. being a HS student at the time.

Fast forward many years, I got really into the painting side of the hobby rather than the gaming due to my location and lack of players. I don't regret that at all as I am still painting regularly and still love that part of the hobby.

After many years away from the GW side of gaming, I have recently came back to appreciate the older miniatures and the nostalgia has drawn me back to start collecting the miniatures and games in a hope that my son will want to play them too one day. I can't wait to introduce him to HeroQuest ( Once I get my hands on a copy ) and try and encourage him to paint miniatures and a way to relax and to use his imagination and creativity.

Cheers

Post Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:52 pm

Re: Hi from Japan :)

Tanath wrote:I look forward to contributing to this forum with lots of pictures of Oldhammer minis form the 80's and 90's.

Music to my ears. Looking forward to see what you've got :)

And welcome. I am curious, were you raised in Japan? Or did you grow up somewhere else and ended up in Japan later on? I thought Warhammer was a rarity there (maybe I am wrong though). What's the story?
"We attack at dawn. The plan is victory." - unknown

Post Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:09 am

Re: Hi from Japan :)

Hi there :)

I'm from Australia and have Dutch parents. I moved to Japan 4 years ago and love it here.

The warhammer scene here is quite popular among wargamers given that GW have store here in Tokyo and the rules are translated and printed in Japanese.

I would doubt if there are many Japanese players playing anything Oldhammer as such, but the foreign players do play various editions of the game, even 3rd. ed.

Return to Introductions