Greetings

This is a forum for all new members. Please post an introduction and tell us about yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

Post Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:21 pm

Greetings

Hi, I'm Julian from Nottingham and a gamer of various flavours

I'm looking to get much deeper into the whole painting of figures and collecting and perhaps wargaming particularly Middle Earth ganing in addition to my usual RPG'ing

Going Oldhammer because of the fact that money really doesn't grow on trees (I checked)

Post Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:44 am

Re: Greetings

Welcome aboard :) Do feel free to share your pictures and/or game reports; I'm a big Tolkien fan so I'd particularly like to see that part of your hobbying.

Post Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:12 am

Re: Greetings

Hello,

Maedhrosnx01 wrote:Going Oldhammer because of the fact that money really doesn't grow on trees (I checked)

That made me recall the scene from Hitch-hiker's Guide ...

“How can you have money,” demanded Ford, “if none of you actually produces anything? It doesn't grow on trees you know.”
“If you would allow me to continue.. .”
Ford nodded dejectedly.
“Thank you. Since we decided a few weeks ago to adopt the leaf as legal tender, we have, of course, all become immensely rich.”
Ford stared in disbelief at the crowd who were murmuring appreciatively at this and greedily fingering the wads of leaves with which their track suits were stuffed.
“But we have also,” continued the management consultant, “run into a small inflation problem on account of the high level of leaf availability, which means that, I gather, the current going rate has something like three deciduous forests buying one ship’s peanut."
Murmurs of alarm came from the crowd. The management consultant waved them down.
“So in order to obviate this problem,” he continued, “and effectively revalue the leaf, we are about to embark on a massive defoliation campaign, and. . .er, burn down all the forests. I think you'll all agree that's a sensible move under the circumstances."

Return to Introductions