Hi from 80's player who just dug out his collection :)

This is a forum for all new members. Please post an introduction and tell us about yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

Post Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:53 am

Hi from 80's player who just dug out his collection :)

HI all,
I dug out my warhammer (et al) collection from the shed yesterday and am sitting here amidst a mountain of about 3000 miniatures reacquainting myself (after a 20 year absence) before i decide what to do.
I thought i would seek out some like minded people to see what the scene was like and hopefully decide what to do with the several pounds of dusty lead around me. I'm not sure if i have time to play, but definitely interested in trading, selling and honing a smaller better quality collection than the one i currently have.
Anyway, hello all!

Post Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:01 pm

Re: Hi from 80's player who just dug out his collection :)

"a mountain of about 3000 miniatures". Supremely jealous.... put us out of our misery and post some photos of the old lead.

I'm also a recent returnee after some 20 years away, but am starting from scratch... have just painted up my first minis in a long while (Perry miniatures Agincourt Henry V and his chums) using a rather limited set of paints, but am relatively pleased with the results (Perry miniatures are so tiny!)... its starting to come back and I'm planning to move on to some more oldskool- citadelesque minis as a follow up - but ebay prices are scaring me!

Post Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:08 pm

Yeah ebay prices are 'wow'. On the good side i have a lot to move so hopefully any cash will help me pay for new stuff :D.

And painting 28mm is hard enough, 15mm no thanks! :)

Post Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:00 pm

HOw much is painted? We would all love to see your painted models!

Post Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:48 pm

Maerok wrote:Yeah ebay prices are 'wow'. On the good side i have a lot to move so hopefully any cash will help me pay for new stuff :D.

And painting 28mm is hard enough, 15mm no thanks! :)

I wouldn't be too surprised by the BIN prices on Ebay, most of them are pitched at collectors looking for that elusive miniature which has slipped through the net and they'll pay just about anything to complete the set (most of them sit there for years, unwanted & unloved).

If, you want 'fair' prices for the stuff you want to sell, may I suggest you come along to BOYL in a couple of weeks time and have a conversation with members of this forum and others and consider their advice, which will not doubt be freely given - before you stick the stuff on Ebay at slightly lower than the prices you seek and post your listings here and other similar places and wait for the sharks to circle (as they will)!

As for the stuff you wish to keep - pick the stuff you like, and use the cash from the stuff you don't want to add to it - and enjoy what you have. 8-)

Paul / Golgfag1
How can I ever have enough stuff, I don't need.

https://golgfags.blogspot.co.uk/

Return to Introductions