London-based gamer Re-discovering wargaming

This is a forum for all new members. Please post an introduction and tell us about yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

Post Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:37 pm

London-based gamer Re-discovering wargaming

Hi all

I recently rediscovered painting miniatures through aboard game called "Kingdom Death: Monster", which led me to dig out my old Rogue Trader rule books and even started painting a retro Bad Moon ork army.

My mini gaming experience started back in 1990 with Rogue Trader and later Fantasy and BloodBowl and Necromunda for a short stint.

1999 I moved to London (where I still live). I played Blood Bowl for a few years but relatively quick fell off WH40K and other GW games as I took up Vor The Maelstrom, Confrontation and IK Warmachine instead.

At some point I did actually start retro GW gaming running first a Realm of Chaos warband campaign and a Rogue Trader campaign.

Around 2010 I dropped off wargaming due to some turbulent years in my personal life, but recently X-wing miniatures and Kingdom Death: Monster have brought me back to the hobby.

Keen to connect with London-based Oldhammers who are interested in Rogue Trader.

You can see a bunch of my miniatures including a few random battle reports at my site www.scrollmaster.net

Post Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:44 pm

Re: London-based gamer Re-discovering wargaming

Welcome to the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:48 am

Thank you.… and I have to write a bit more as messages must be 10 characters. :-)

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:34 pm

Welcome, sadly London is a bid of a dead spot for Oldhammer'ers. If you look a tad further out each side of London in Essex and Herts there's a few more player options but I've always struggled to find many players down here.

Post Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:02 am

Ok, well I'm happy to jump on a train :)

Post Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:49 pm

Hello Scrollmaster ... it is good to see yet another player returning. Dont feel bad if it is difficult to find players where you live ... i am Australian and players are rare. But seek and you shall find!

Post Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:59 am

Thanks shaun.

I'm also looking to maybe start confrontation again to spread the net a bit wider :)

Return to Introductions