Mercenary player needs job!

This is a forum for all new members. Please post an introduction and tell us about yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

Post Fri May 26, 2017 10:20 am

Mercenary player needs job!

I am looking to visit Oldhammer on my son's recommendation (Peter Acs) who unfortunately can not attend this year as Infinity beckons. I am (this is the plan so far) - arriving by Kayak - so have limited if any space for figures, but would like to join a participation game. Back home I have too many figures of my own, and in subsequent events / years I might well try to book a table. I am mostly through a vast Spanish 16thC army whcih has got out of hand as gorgeous new figures that can be added just keep turning up! I collect mostly historical, Spanish civial war WW1 also vehicles and aircraft mostly from the same periods.

This is a scouting venture for me as it were. If you have space in your game then please let me know. It would be disappointing to spend 3 days just hanging about.

Kayak John

Post Tue May 30, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: Mercenary player needs job!

Hello Kayak Joh.

I am quite new here also ... i am unsure what you mean 'visit Oldhammer' ... it is a slang term for early editions of Warhammer Fantasy. There are no Spanish in Warhammer.

But surely you can find fun here ... Spanish troops could easily be considered Empire.

You travel by kayak?

Post Wed May 31, 2017 7:58 am

Hey John, if you can squeeze a dwarf into your Kayak you can give Giant Slaying a go. Most of the games have yet to be announced so Keep an eye out on here and on the BOYL home page. http://bringoutyourlead.co.uk
Shaun, i think the above page will be very useful for you.
In other news John, I too am doing a late 16thC spanish army. I wouldn't call it vast but when/if I ever get it finished I should be able to play Pike and Shotte with it which will give you an idea. Oh and Shaun, one word, Estalia.

Post Wed May 31, 2017 9:14 am

whiskey priest wrote:In other news John, I too am doing a late 16thC spanish army. I wouldn't call it vast but when/if I ever get it finished I should be able to play Pike and Shotte with it which will give you an idea. Oh and Shaun, one word, Estalia.

Ah, fellow devotees of the Tercios - Estalia, OK, but for inspiring stuff try - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTYuYxmICGo :D

Hope the link works

Paul / Golgfag1
How can I ever have enough stuff, I don't need.

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/grumpyoldbadger

Post Wed May 31, 2017 5:42 pm

Got it on DVD. About 50-60 years later than my guys. I'm thinking of building mine as a 'What if the armada succeeded' type campaign.

In Dreamfish we trust
In Dreamfish we trust

Post Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:21 am

Hi,

there will be a large Fantasy table with a various options to to just rock up and play a game ... Including some Giant slaying, Snorkling hopper racing, Chariot racing, SnorkleBall / BierBowl, (Easy play versions of BloodBowl) WFRP Fantasy adventuring, Jousting ... etc,

Not sure you need to bring ANY miniatures to join in ... there will be plenty of old lead knocking about. But if you want to bring an adventurer to explore the city, a chariot, a giant slayer of your own ....

There is s asimilar Sci-Fi/rouge trader table planned ... But I don't know so much about this.

Return to Introductions