Good evening

This is a forum for all new members. Please post an introduction and tell us about yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

Post Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:18 pm

Good evening

Good evening (or whatever it is for you right now)
quite often while discovering new blogs for some inspiration, I saw links to this forum. So today I started looking through the forum a bit and thought to myself "what good is reading in a forum and not joining it?" Plus my Germany-based other forum has a down time right now.
I`m an enthusiast for Fantasy Greenskins of all ages and sizes. No idea though why I have nostalgia for models casted well before my birth. Still, I try to grab whatever I can and ocasionally even paint it. While I like the old stuff best, I use new models as well. To give you an idea, my last painted models include a GW Arachnarok Spider, some Titan forge Cannibal Goblins and an unit of different older Orc Bowmen (which I cant identify right now).
Cheers Erik

Post Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:37 pm

Re: Good evening

Hey Fuxxx and welcome from another greenskin fan. Hope you like your stay and get some pics up of your models :)
"We attack at dawn. The plan is victory." - unknown

Post Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:56 am

Welcome aboard, or should I say Wilkomen zu unsere elektronisches Schloss von alte Miniatueren. Hope you enjoy your stay. I'm fond of greenskins myself, though I lean sci-fi. And heck, I understand an unhealthy appreciation for old art. I enjoy music from before I was born so much I write music that almost no one now living enjoys, so I can sympathize. Miniatures, music, it all works out. Looking forward to your new take on old lead. :)

Post Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:36 am

Fuxxx wrote:I`m an enthusiast for Fantasy Greenskins of all ages and sizes. No idea though why I have nostalgia for models casted well before my birth.

Same thing here :D And welcome to the forum! I am sure that you can get your old Orc Bowmen identified here :)

Post Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:06 am

Thanks for the warm welcome folks!
Regarding the bowmen: i think they are old citadel, a search on stuff of legends will probably give me the answer in mere minutes.
I have a few questions regarding uploading stuff: i saw showroom, where people post finished stuff, and wip. My army isnt ready yet (and will never be), but i rarely make pictures of unfinished work, so do they belong in the first mentioned category?
And will anyone get eye cancer from newer stuff? I quite often mix in old and new miniatures in my units.

Post Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:48 am

I can only speak for myself, but I don't worry about whether a unit is complete before I post it to the showroom, just whether the model itself is complete. And there are other folks that post newer stuff every now and then. Many of us post new miniatures in an old style. (Like the Colony 87 miniatures, or Ramshackle's work, or what have you.) A lot of folks use parts of new miniatures in old style conversions. I don't think there are hard fast rules, just conventions. And again, I can only speak for myself, but I'd say if you can make it work together I want to see it. Once in a while someone might get a little upset, but mostly people seem to manage to stay polite. It's a hobby, not a religion. I think. ;-)

(Or is it a religion about a hobby? Or a hobby about a bunch of competing religions that want to blow each other up? So many heirarchs and magi and lictors and priests . . . )

. . . "Oh, the lictors guild, very good. Only rally the bakers and the flute players and you can put on a festival."

Post Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:49 am

Ill try then I suppose ;) Thank you :)

Post Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:28 pm

You should share what you like here.

No need to wait for a finished army. If I did that, I'd never share anything.

Nor do I think you should be shy to show newer models mixed in.

Obviously all here are more focused on the old stuff, but I don't think it behooves a toy soldiers forum to be too dogmatic ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:04 am

Symphonicpoet is right, it is the oldhammer forum after all, I probably wont post an Arachnarok or the likes here, but since middlehammer is as old as it gets for me with most stuff and I dont think there is a middlehammer forum (I didnt look though...). But since I come here to see old stuff, I'll post old stuff as far as I can :D

Post Mon May 01, 2017 8:49 pm

I know that face... :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
Next

Return to Introductions