Hello from Portsmouth

This is a forum for all new members. Please post an introduction and tell us about yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

Donator
Donator

Post Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:27 am

Re: Hello from Portsmouth

He's a pretty one and your mojo is strong. :) That's a late 90s miniature that tempts me. Sore tempts me, he does.

Post Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:35 pm

symphonicpoet wrote:He's a pretty one and your mojo is strong. :) That's a late 90s miniature that tempts me. Sore tempts me, he does.

He was almost too new for me, but he does look pretty excellent. I've done the Colour Sergeant too now, so I should probably paint the rest of the mass of troops I have.

Donator
Donator

Post Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:16 am

I look forward to seeing whatever newerish-hammer you care to post when you paint it like that and fit it into the old so well. ;-) To be incredibly honest, that's really not any newer than some of my beardier star pups. There's more than a few of them I'm sore tempted to deacquisition, but I doubt I could ever get rid of all of them. It's a fight. But I like the results you get from your decision process. Much better fit into the old than some of my own questionable decisions.

Post Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:14 pm

symphonicpoet wrote:I look forward to seeing whatever newerish-hammer you care to post when you paint it like that and fit it into the old so well. ;-) To be incredibly honest, that's really not any newer than some of my beardier star pups. There's more than a few of them I'm sore tempted to deacquisition, but I doubt I could ever get rid of all of them. It's a fight. But I like the results you get from your decision process. Much better fit into the old than some of my own questionable decisions.

I do have some really new stuff, few Primaris Marines that I acquired for a painting competition. Plus the more recent Guard bits, though most of that is themed from the 90's models. Then a few specials like the new Sly, the Saint and a few other nice looking models for just painting. Generally I try to get the old stuff first, at the moment I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a metal Saint, but she seems to fetch about 10-25 quid, so that can wait until I have some time to paint and spare cash.
Previous

Return to Introductions