Hello from Hellvetia !

This is a forum for all new members. Please post an introduction and tell us about yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

Post Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:35 pm

Hello from Hellvetia !

Hi mighty Oldhammerers ! :D

I'm Yann, a 46 years old swiss Warhammer 3rd ed. player and minis collector from that golden age. I'm also a Warhammer FRP GM (1st ed.). A long time ago, my friends and I were trying to play as often as possible (which unfortunately didn't happen so frequently). But many of them started playing 4th, 5th ed. etc. :( and I didn't follow them into the hero-hammer world. While I kept playing Warhammer roleplay, I completely stopped playing Warhammer Battle but I never sold a single mini. However, they were packed and stored in my cellar due to lack of space.

Three years ago, when one of my daughters left the house to stand on her own feet, I decided to transform her bedroom into an office and a gaming den. I've carefully unpacked my minis and placed them into cabinets. Unfortunately, most of them were naked lead and the others were basically painted.

On the net, I found that I was not the only 3rd ed. nostalgic and that this "movement" was referred to as "Oldhammer". Seeing so many old-school painted minis and discussions on that subject on forums and blogs such as yours gave me the motivation to start painting and modelling again. And so here I am. :D

Now I paint often and play several times a year with an old friend of mine, his son and my sons-in-law (yep, the second generation is as motivated as us to play 3rd ed.).

Happy gaming & painting ! :mrgreen:
Brokk / Yann

Post Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:08 pm

Re: Hello from Hellvetia !

Hello and welcome to the forum!

If you get the time don't be afraid to show you minis we love them all! Even if you've painted them with a tooth brush :D

Post Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:21 pm

Willkommen, bienvenue and benvenuto. Which part of Helvetia are you from?

Post Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:06 pm

JonAtron wrote:Even if you've painted them with a tooth brush :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I wouldn't do that, I have too much respect for them :)

Here are some pics of my last painted minis:

[img][img]https://preview.ibb.co/fBek19/Thunderers_1.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][img]https://preview.ibb.co/du4JM9/Thunderers_3.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][img]https://preview.ibb.co/hB6b8p/Thunderers_4.jpg[/img][/img]

I'll post some more in the showroom section when I''ll have time to take some decent pictures of my painted stuff.

Citizen Sade wrote:Which part of Helvetia are you from?

Next to Lausanne (west side of the country).

Post Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:33 am

I know the area quite well as I lived in Bellevue many years ago, so I’m familiar with Lausanne, Montreux, Vevey, Les Avants etc.

Nice Dwarfs and good for you for keeping the old lead from your youth. I wish I had.

Post Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:59 pm

Welcome! And those dwarfs look great!

Return to Introductions