Post Fri May 11, 2018 4:42 pm

Hello from Switzerland!

Unlike most of the other people here, I haven't been in the hobby since the 80s, because I had not been born yet. I started miniature wargaming around 10 years ago, when one of my friends introduced me to Warhammer 40k. I was immediately interested, and started my first army (eldar) with a single unit of guardians before becoming bored and giving up... until I found my small collection of minis again a year or so later, and started collecting orks. A few months later I started collecting Warhammer Fantasy, first with Wood Elves and later Skaven. I then moved back to 40k and started a space marine army, then another space marine army, then another... fortunately, only the later armies broke 1500 points, so I wasn't drowning in minis. Currently, I'm working on two Horus Heresy armies and my formerly Skaven, now mixed chaos army for AoS.
But I recently got my hands on some hobby money, and decided to start two new collections (there seems to be a theme here). First of all, I'm planning on purchasing an army of 6mm Historicals. Except I recently started daydreaming about the good old days of WHFB, and even though I was not around to experience the really old editions (I joined in late 7th IIRC), I have always been drawn to the older, derpier models. And so, after a long scouting session on eBay, I have decided on a new project: WHFB 4th edition, using Tomb Kings for extra nostalgia.
I'm hoping to get lots of inspiration on here!
Cheers,
Ember