40k 2nd edition in Cambridge UK

This is a forum for all new members. Please post an introduction and tell us about yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

Post Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:01 pm

40k 2nd edition in Cambridge UK

Hi folks,

Recently discovered the forum whilst searching for other gamers in my new locale of Cambridge. Shifted up here from Reading nearly 3 years ago and hoping to find others interested in playing 2nd edition of 40k nearby. I lost touch with it many years ago after the release of 3rd edition, which I never enjoyed quite as much. I just really enjoyed the anarchy that some times broke out and the customisation options. My teenage self was a little over enamoured of powerful characters and 4th level librarians, but it sure was fun.

I'm actually situated in Wiingham, to the north west-southwest of Cambridge itself. It's slightly awkward for some of the regular gaming clubs in the city centre as a result. Willing to put the effort in to play my first love.

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

Post Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:10 pm

Re: 40k 2nd edition in Cambridge UK

Wiingham is meant to be Willingham. Apparently I'm too thick to figure out how to edit a post...And now the blasted edit button has appeared, grrrrrr.

Post Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:25 pm

Achinadav wrote:Wiingham is meant to be Willingham. Apparently I'm too thick to figure out how to edit a post...And now the blasted edit button has appeared, grrrrrr.

PM incoming!
"Mind the oranges Marlon!"

My painting blog - Chewing lead

Post Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:59 pm

Thanks for the PM, unfortunately it looks like I can't send them myself at the moment. I guess I have to post more first? Anyway, I think we can sort something out as I've got space at home and a nearly 8'x4' dining room table. Just need something to cover and protect it.

I've got a couple of armies worth of marines and a half painted csm force from the year before 3rd edition, they never even saw the tables! There should be some old chipboard hills and the cardboard terrain from the 2nd edition box and Necromunda somewhere in the house too. Picked up Space Hulk a couple of years ago too and I think the tiles could make for a fun board-a-ship battle.

Post Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:29 pm

Achinadav wrote:Thanks for the PM, unfortunately it looks like I can't send them myself at the moment. I guess I have to post more first? Anyway, I think we can sort something out as I've got space at home and a nearly 8'x4' dining room table. Just need something to cover and protect it.

I've got a couple of armies worth of marines and a half painted csm force from the year before 3rd edition, they never even saw the tables! There should be some old chipboard hills and the cardboard terrain from the 2nd edition box and Necromunda somewhere in the house too. Picked up Space Hulk a couple of years ago too and I think the tiles could make for a fun board-a-ship battle.

Sounds good. :) I'll PM you my email address.
"Mind the oranges Marlon!"

My painting blog - Chewing lead

Return to Introductions