Hey Now

This is a forum for all new members. Please post an introduction and tell us about yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

Post Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:49 pm

Hey Now

Hi!

I just discovered y'all this week. I'm happy to be here!

I'm John, and I live outside of Washington DC, in the (formerly) People's Democratik Republik of Maryland. I've been playing, painting, and collecting off and on since about 1987 or so. I enjoy painting more than playing, but since introducing my 11 yr old son to wargaming, I've played more games in the past month than I have in the past 5 years it seems. Real Life: Wife, 2 sons, work, house, kids' sports (coaching and spectating/logistics) soaks up a lot of my time, so I try to squeeze in when I can.

I've got a lot of random stuff, from makers across the board: moderns, supers, fantasy and sf. I really haven't dived too deeply into historicals....

Any questions, comments, witty anecdotes, just ask!
"The fox knows many tricks, the hedgehog one good one"

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:26 am

Re: Hey Now

Hi John :) You're in a good place. I can't wait till my son is old enough to have games with his old dad one day.

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:33 pm

Tanath wrote:Hi John :) You're in a good place. I can't wait till my son is old enough to have games with his old dad one day.

It's nice having an in-house opponent! He is crazy on the subject - He and his older brother have been Space Hulk and Talisman gamers for years - I started them out early. My older 14 year old has been flirting with painting, but he is more of the beer-&-pretzels kind of gamer vs his younger brother who is full-bore on any kind of miniatures game.

I wholly recommend Space Hulk and Talisman as 'gateway' games for younger gamers - easy to learn, but difficult to master.
"The fox knows many tricks, the hedgehog one good one"

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:55 pm

I love that you have described your fourteen year old as a "beer" and pretzels gamer.

I hope you do, in fact, let him have a brew at the gaming table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:47 pm

Welcome to another DMV local!

Post Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:28 am

Hello, I am Rajveer from India. I recently joined thus community. I am a trader in India and love to Invest in BSE and NSE.

Return to Introductions