Bignose the Blue intro

This is a forum for all new members. Please post an introduction and tell us about yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

Post Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:03 pm

Bignose the Blue intro

Hello everyone . Joined today and posted a topic about a miniature I own in one of the other sections . I discovered FRP and Miniatures in the late seventies and gamed primarily DandD from that period through to approx 1983 . During that time I collected and painted hundreds of Miniatures the bulk of which I still own . I’m interested to discuss topics around these and to share if of use and interest my knowledge of the variety of manufactures and ranges from that time .. I also own a number of original and very early citadel Miniatures catalogues so if anybody needs to reference or catalogue any miniatures from that period I’d be happy to help too .. thanks everybody . Rob

Post Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:35 am

Re: Bignose the Blue intro

Welcome aboard! I look forward to seeing pictures of your antique lovelies. I think I was getting into D&D about when you were getting out. And it was several years later still before I started collecting Citadel miniatures. I think you'll find you're very much at the early end of things, even around here. Not alone, certainly, but you're hammering is so classic it's probably Prehammer. ;-) (If the early stone ages is the paleolithic, maybe the early RP miniatures era is the paleoplumbic? With the neoplumbic beginning with the slottabase, perhaps?)

Anyway, I look forward to seeing your lovely and hearing your stories. :)

Post Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:59 pm

Hi and thanks for your thoughts . Yes indeed I appreciate I’m at the far front end of the genre ! In fact using your analogy I may very possibly be in ‘ missing link ‘ territory. I do have many stories and memorabilia but I won’t bore you right now , I’ll just post a quick pic of a trio of miniatures from my collection... painted in the traditional style using enamels . Indeed acrylics weren’t even available in the late 1970s ! I hope you enjoy .
Attachments
63FF4830-86BD-4E76-9323-38C940D4641B.jpeg
63FF4830-86BD-4E76-9323-38C940D4641B.jpeg (26.83 KiB) Viewed 554 times

Post Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:33 am

I got my start using model enamels and still have a few miniatures wearing that original paint. I've found it's a lot harder wearing than modern acrylics. Were it not for the fact that I lick my brushes I'd be tempted to go back.

Post Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:33 am

Also, those look great! :)

Post Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:58 am

Welcome to the madness, which is the Forum.

Paul / Golgfag1
How can I ever have enough stuff, I don't need.

https://golgfags.blogspot.co.uk/

Post Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:33 pm

Hey thanks for the compliment, and Hi Paul too I’m finding reading numerous of the threads very interesting and enlighting too. I’m so impressed by such a huge variety of painting techniques on display and I have to say when the Warhammer thing kicked off a number of years after I’d hung up my dice I’ve always been impressed by the sheer stamina it must take to paint whole armies to the standards shown here ! I’ve hundreds of miniatures , most painted but not all but broadly speaking they are all different .. to paint hordes of similar figures is on another level ! Brilliant .

Return to Introductions