Project Iowa, Ep. 7: Whistle Stop

symphonicpoet

I'm a little torn about where to put this. It's not exactly a scenario, and it's not exactly a report. It's more the brief interlude between two scenarios. Or fiction growing out of gaming. But . . . whatever it is, here it is.

Project Iowa, Ep. 7: Whistle Stop.

When last we saw the combined forces of the Kingdom of Colores and Clan Rex-Avis they had ambushed an Imperial Attack Transport and chased the VIPs aboard to the surface of the remote world of Blanding in the distant Tartarus Rim sector of human space. There Imperial Inquisitor Guimar had escaped the local forces . . . but without a ship he wasn't going far. Now those forces have caught up . . .

IMG_5470-1.jpg

IMG_5473-1.jpg

IMG_5480-1.JPG

IMG_5483-2.JPG

IMG_5479-1.JPG

IMG_5476-1.JPG

IMG_5478-1.JPG

I hemmed and hawed about this one. There was a gameable scenario here: stop the inquisitor from getting on the train and eventually he'll run out of batteries and you can pick him up. But there are civilians and he's got lots of big bullets and armor and the team in opposition is much more lightly armed and armored. And really, the dude is flat footed on a foreign planet deep in my yard. Better to let him wander around a little bit. He can't go anywhere and the rule of force amplification dictates that overkill is both safer and much more fun. So I decided to let this particular insect buzz a little closer to a my shoe. He's alone and I can take him, but he is a nasty little wasp and I don't wish to be stung. More will follow. The next game will indeed involve dice. One way or the other.

Back