Inquisitor Athena - Episode 4

Well after a brief hiatus thanks to life getting in the way I finally managed to get the time to my Rogue Trader Campaign back on the table this weekend.

The main protagonists are my girlfriend's Imperials led by Inquisitor Athena and my own Genestealer Cult. In the last game Inquisitor Athena was rescued from her crashed shuttle by a large force of Battle Sisters who arrived just in the nick of time. Now she has recovered her main effort has become to lead these Sisters in an all out offensive at a nearby PDF base that is in the hands of the cult.

blogger-image-217312481.jpg

The game we played this weekend focused on this assault, where a small but hard hitting force of Battle Sisters and Storm Troopers have combined forces to attack the facility.

blogger-image-878819613.jpg

The game was played over my rather nice new battle mat from URBANMATZ.

There were a lot of tense moments throughout the game with much nail-biting occurring thanks to key outcomes resting on individual dice rolls.

blogger-image-1047654272.jpg

However in the end the battle narrowly went to the Imperials who managed to overrun the facility and butcher both the cultists and their alien masters.

blogger-image--1619118537.jpg

It was a great game though I did alter a few RT rules to make them flow a little better (especially around jump packs and vehicles), and has set us up nicely for continuing to expand the narrative in the next episode.

blogger-image-686467575.jpg

There is a much longer report with 30+ pics on my blog:

http://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/inquisitor-athena-and-loganite.html

Back